Advice on Planer.

Monday, I bought an older Delta planer, model # 22-540. I read some negative reviews about it but bought it anyway as I gave $65.00 for it. It didn't come with the knife adjusting fixture. I suppose that I could make one if I had its dimensions. Is this thing worth a flip. I read that the cutting head won't stay put. Maybe can fix that too.
All advice negative or positive is appreciated.
Anyone have an extra set of knives or know how to sharpen these. How about an extra knife adjusting fixture/jig?
Thanks
Mine's been going strong with no problems for 8 or 9 years.

Well for $65 and one that runs, not a bad deal. Order a knife adjustment tool from Delta. Unless the planer comes with a cutter head lock chances are that you might make some tweaks but probably not enough to eleminate all snipe. Proper technique when beginning feeding and exiting the run will do a lot to eleminate snipe.

disposable blade.
Thanks, kk and Leon.
I will try Delta for tool.

Collects the chips before the air and the fine dust goes to the dust collector.
Regards, Roy
Got it.
Thanks Roy.