Advice for dado blade

Page 2 of 2

SawEyes wrote:

That's the price I paid at Cleveland Cutter. I've seen the same set go for $92 to $99 at the borg.
Wife was all for it since it came from Italy.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
I've been using the 8" Avenger stacked set from Woodcraft. No problems yet.

Thanks for all the advice. I just went on line with Amazon and purchased a Freud SD208 8" for $83.00 no tax and free shipping.

Keith Boeheim said:

I've used one for two years, and have cut a LOT of dados in wood, plywood, and MDF. Still works fine. Not as clean a cut as the better models, but perfectly adequate. How many people look at the bottom of a dado, anyway. <g>
Greg G.
I'm saving up for the new Freud dado blade--it's dial-adjustable in .004" increments. $270.00 is kinda steep but it sounds like a winner--no splintering, flat bottom cuts in all materials. I'm sold on (most) Freud blades after using their Glue Line rip blade--resawed some 3" walnut gunstocks with it, unbelievable! Roger OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its on eBay for $69 +$10 shipping too (Tax only if you are in FL).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85058126&category 810

I use a Jet contractor's saw with an 8" Signature dado set that I got from Lowe's. It does a pretty good job, but I would buy the Freud set from Amazon if I were going to buy it today. The saw seems to handle the 8" set with no problems.
Dick Durbin groovy in Tallahassee