Advice: detail/contour sander

Any recommendations on a good detail or contour sander? I shopped Amazon but what I saw there in the customer reviews scared me. Any good ones, ones to avoid? I'm not looking for a lightweight hobby sander, I need something that's going to stand up for years. Thanks for your wisdom.

Tony

Fein.

Everything else is garbage.

$200 gets one.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Like Lew said: Fein

Reply to
Robatoy

something

I agree with Lew. Fein !!!!!!!! Expensive but the best I've seen. I have one and it works great.

Reply to
dteckie

How does the Fein work on contours found on a typical crown molding?

I've been interested in one for a while, but haven't bit the hook.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I've seen detail sanders pop up as answers to the question "what tool do you wish you'd never bought?" more times than all other tools combined.

If, despite the collective wisdom of dozens of people who wish they didn't have a detail sander, you decide to buy one anyway, the Fein is probably the least obnoxious of the lot.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:36:10 -0700, the inscrutable "T" spake:

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment
Website Applications ==================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have the Fein and the PC. I rarely use either one. I do however use the rubber tips from both. If I had to to it over, I would just buy the rubber tips, forget the machines.

Dave

TeamCasa

Fein....but this is really just "crack" for woodworking...

Wait till you see what else it can do with all those "other" attachments....(the tile kit is $100).

It is FAR more than a detail sander....

It is one of the best tools I have ever owned.

Detail sand> Any recommendations on a good detail or contour sander? I shopped Amazon but

Reply to
Pat Barber