adjusting speed on downdraft router table

How do you guys control the speed of your variable speed router when its in a downdraft table? I fashioned my own box for my RD1101 and PRL, just wondering what you guys do - just leave it at some mid-speed?
open the door to the downdraft chamber and slide the switch on the side of my 7518 to the appropriate speed, which I have marked on the edge of the router table, (since I can't read the label on the motor housing) above the aforementioned "chamber door". :)
is that the sort of procedure you were inquiring about? I could stretch it to a whole paragraph if you'd like...hmm...looks like I embellished my first cryptic reply to make a legit paragraph out of it.
dave
Subw00er wrote:

I open the door, reach inside and move the speed selector switch.

in
me too