Adjusting Grizzly 14" bandsaw ?

Hi there and Happy Holidays! I have a question about adjusting my Grizzly G0555 for a new Timberwolf blade. The blade is a 3/4 3 tpi, marked as 93 1/2", but it doesn't even come close to being tight. Is it normal for a significant variation in actual blade length, or should I return it? I can probably adjust the bandsaw by moving the 'fixed lump' on the tensioning knob bolt. Is that normal/recommended?

Thanks for any advice, Mike

Reply to
Mike King

I think that saw comes with a 92 1/2" blade, with the option to set it up for a 93 1/2". You'll probably have to move the lump, see the manual.

Let us know how that blade works out, it's kind of wide for that saw.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Timberwolf

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
nospambob

Mike, I had trouble with mine after installing the riser kit. The blade that came with the riser was very tight, had a hard time just getting it on the wheels. Couple e-mails, they sent me an info sheet about a "Blade Tensioner upgrade", having to do with adjusting the blade tensioner. Thought I had it saved, but can't find it. If you would like, I can scan it and send it to you.

It did turn out the supplied blade was on the short side, tried another 105

1/2", it went on just fine.
Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Yep, I had to do that and it works fine. In fact, I prefered moving the lump because when I put a 3/4 blade on it, the spring wasn't tensioned to the point it would normally be. When I put a riser on it, it was ready for the 105" blades right away.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

Call Grizzly and tell them of the problem you are having. I had the same problem when I added the riser kit to mine and they sent me free of charge an "upgrade kit" for the tensioning mechanism. This is a problem that they are aware of.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I had a similar problem with my Grizzly and it turned out the little slide in the back wasn't moving. I cleaned it all out and it worked fine.

Stuart Johnson Red Oak, Texas

Reply to
Stuart Johnson

That's an old Rockwell.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Timberwolf

The blade works terrific! I just made the adjustments, and everything works great. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reply to
mmk

replying to Mike King, terry wrote: I have the same problem---just go to 921/2 inch blades but they are harder to find

Reply to
terry

replying to Ba r r y, terry wrote: it is just a matter of loosening the set screw on the tensioning screw (part 33A and screwing it to expose more of the threads---tighten, readjust blade tension and 931/2 s will fit fine

Reply to
terry

I bet they are. Do you have a 24 foot riser block? How high are the ceilings in your shop?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to terry, terry wrote: see my later response--there is an easy fix

Reply to
terry