Adjuster For FP 800 Router

Anyone here have the FP 800 series Height adjuster tool? It has a socket on the end and a dial calibrated in fractions of an inch. It seems to me that I would have to manually unclamp the router and then use the tool to lower or raise it, then clamp the router again. But the description for the tool says you can do everything from on top of the table.