Adjustable Dado Jig for Router

Does such a thing exist? I'm looking for a clamping system that will adjust to the width of the board and width of the dado. Metal preferred.

Reply to
Bill Stock

I have a design that is easy to build. Self squaring and retains the thickness setting of the boards that will fit into the dado. Now if Morris Dovey will be kind enough to remind us of the link that he has the pictures at, we are in business.

Or if you like, I can e-mail you the pictures.

Reply to
Leon

I've built a base for one of my routers where each side after side#1 (2, 3 and

4) is 1/8th inch farther out from the bit than the previous side. Clearly marked, I can sneak up on most sizes, without having to move the straightedge. You could make a few different ones that'll handle everything you throw at it. Tom Work at your leisure!
Reply to
Tom

"Bill Stock" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

There is a commercial, spendy ($180) one here:

is a less expensive guide called the 'Accurate Guide' being closed out here:
for $60.00.

A search for "adjustable dado jig" turns up quite a few plans.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Thanks I did see #1 late last night. As much as I like a good tool, I'd rather eat. Not sure about the second one, as they don't show it in action. I've got the pics from Leon in any event, so I'll DIMDS.

I normally do these on the TS, but the project is already built. I just want to improve a couple of aspects, so I'll have to dado it in place. Plan A was to brad nail some temporary facing along my dado lines and edge route the notches. But I've got a few to do, so I'll build the new toy.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Link to Leon's jig:

Lewis

"Bill Stock" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Any excuse to build a new toy is a good excuse. :0)

Building it yourself ensures you can fix it should it not work the way you want.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lewis) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Thanks for the link. Thanks to Leon for the jig plan and photos. Looks like it would be easy to set it up for adjustable dado spacing.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Thank Morris Dovey for putting a drawing with my pictures and keeping both on his site. I had derailed plans but they were in .dwg format.

Very easy to adjust the width of the dado. Simply set the jig on the board to receive the dados and adjust to the width of that board. Drop in the sample that will fit in the dado and adjust the jig snug to the sample and tighten the 2 wing nuts. After routing, slide the jig down to the next location and so on.

Reply to
Leon

Actually, they look like rather RAILED plans to me.

Reply to
igor

LOL DeTAILED...

Reply to