Adirondack Chair Plans ?

Anyone out there have a good plan for an Adirondack style chair witha curved and adjustible back ?
-thanks
RKR
I am also looking for plans with a curved back

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html
enough said !!
I've really kept my tongue to this point, but why is that you are the higher authority that determines who can ask for what and only when they have done what you perceive they should? I agree that most people could easily find what they need in doing a search but if you don't like the fact that some don't, don't respond or better yet, don't read posts where it's obvious as to what the poster wants. I've been watching you sarcasticly chew people for for at leat two years - how about a civil response leading them to a FAQ site or offering clear directions without a tone?
Don
(n) claims:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:47:23 -0800, T. wrote

I think the problem often is that a google search results in over *20,900 * hits! (http://tinyurl.com/3dy4j )
The prospect of wading through so many links, many of them false leads generated by software designed to bring in traffic, is more than a little daunting. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do the kind of web browsing that you seem to do, as evident by the profusion of links you post.
It's not like they were asking for the URL of dewalt....

The chair Norm built on an early New Yankee Workshop episode is probably the most comfortable one out there. Don't buy the plans from NYW. Buy the book that includes plans for the chair. It is a lot more help.
One thing to keep in mind if you do build that chair: use screws where Norm tells you to use finish nails. Countersink and plug all the screw holes. It makes for a much more attractive chair.
By the way, don't worry about JOAT griping because you asked a question. It's not just you; he treats everyone that way.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee
Adjustable? Don't belive I've seen one of those, but have built three different kinds. The most comfortable of the bunch is Norm's. It has a curved back, curved seat, easy to get out of, allot of room in the arms (which are level and good for drink sitting) and the best thing is that it's really easy to make. If you don't find the one you want, try it out, I think you'll be happy.
Don

I thought that what made an Adirondak chair what it was, was the flat angled back and seat? Curved huh, interesting. Sure hope they are more comfortable than the regular chairs. I sat on one once and it was the most uncomfortable chair I'd ever been in.
V.E. Dorn wrote:

I made a Black and Decker Chair that is what you described and is about as comfortable. I also built one of the Veritas chairs from Lee Valley that folds up. It was more comfortable, but for me, Norms was the best. When I changed jobs, I needed to stay at the new location for five weeks before the family sold the house and moved - I only had two "Norm" chairs in my living room until the furniture arrived and I didn't feel I had lost out at all. Of course with a wood seat on any chair, your butt will get a little numb after a movie or two.
Don
Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

I have used the plans from Lee Valley and was VERY satisfied with the results. There are many adirondack chair plans available but few match the ones from Lee Valley. You end up with an authentic adirondack chair or a muskoka some call them.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page2755&category=1,46158,46162&abspage=1&ccurrency=1&SID Daniel
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (B Roberts) wrote in message

I just finished building two adirondack chairs and two benches. I ordered the plans off of a webpage that escapes me right now but I'll take a look and see if I can find it for you. The chairs I made sound alot like what Don describes in Norm's chairs. Mine had a curved back, level arms (for drinks) and easy to get out of. Unfortunately they weren't adjustable. I've never run across adjustable chairs in Adirondak designs but keep looking and I'll keep looking. I'm sure you can find them.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (B Roberts) wrote in message

On 11 Jan 2004 18:31:25 GMT, B Roberts wrote:

I built the Lee Valley plan which has a curved back and is very comfortable. Pictures at:
http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/wood/gf_gallery.html
BTW, I used white oak & paduak & finished it with garden furniture oil. Lee Valley also sell the stainless steel fixings for the folding chair.
--

Frank

http://www.freebsd.org /