adios muchachos

Page 1 of 4
Necesito conseguir lejos de esta mierda por un rato.
Regards, Tom.

I'll translate:
"Necesito" - my neck and the part I sit on, "conseguir" - can see going "lesjos" - of juice "de esta" - the east "mierda por" - sweet red wine (to be) poured, {note, this is a local         term and may not translate well} "un rato" - on the rodent.
Hope this helps...
He needs to get far away from the crap around here for a while.
Art

Via Google:
"I need to obtain far from this excrement by awhile."
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:58:26 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Hm. I think I need to ask for a refund for this phrasebook. My hovercraft, it seems, is full of eels.

Also on topic: Illegitimi non carborundum.
Patriarch
Illegitimi Non Carborundum "Don't let the bastards grind you down"
According to Safire's New Political Dictionary, this is "a pseudo-Latin phrase meaning 'don't let the bastards grind you down'. Small signs and plaques carrying this message have appeared in U.S. business offices and army posts for at least a generation, since General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell used it as his motto in World War II. Carborundum is a trademark for silicon carbide, a leading commercial grinding substance...In politics, the motto was popularized by 1964 Republican nominee Senator Barry Goldwater, who hung the sign in his office." (--from Safire's New Political Dictionary, p. 353)
Source: Safire, William Safire's New Political Dictionary : The Definitive Guide to the New Language of Politics Random House, New York, 1993. (R 320.03 Sa1)
Verified by: GM, 5/98

Fri, Jul 2, 2004, 3:58pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) translates: "I need to obtain far from this excrement by awhile."
Does that have anything to do with corn?
JOAT Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous. - Interesting Times
J T wrote:

do half-way well.
dave
Tue, Jul 6, 2004, 2:23am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nn.com he who shall not be named, except maybe as Homer Simpson, burbled: you should stick to posting plans; it's the only thing you do half-way well.
Ah, but Homer, the post was not addressed to you. You should FIND something you do half-way well.
And, yes, I know, most things I do well.
JOAT Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous. - Interesting Times
J T wrote:

dave
Tue, Jul 6, 2004, 3:56pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nn.com he who shall not be named, except maybe as Homer Simpson, burbled:
you know what comes after JOAT...master of NONE.
So? Selective quoting then? Try accuracy in posting for a change, I'm posted the entire quote quite a few times, as an archives search would show, and it still is at the top of my webpage.
For the enlightenment of those not familiar with it, including you, it would seem, here is the whole of it:
JOAT JACK OF ALL TRADES AND A MASTER OF NONE One who has many talents, but due to the extent of his general knowledge, is not an expert in any one field.---Dryden (1690). Amphitryon. "Yet I am still in my vocation; for you know I am a jack of all trades."
JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - Sir John Lubbock
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:28:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

"but there are none so blind as those who *will not* see."
Bill.
J T wrote:

join the "undersigned".
dave
Tue, Jul 6, 2004, 8:00pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nn.com he who shall not be named, except maybe as Homer Simpson, burbled: whoopee! as if I didn't know the origin. <snip>
The point was not that you didn't know the origin, the point was that you only posted part of the quote, in an obvious attempt to mislead.
In a classical, tactical battle of wits, you are under mmense handicaps. You are only half prepared, even tho you qualify amply as batty, you make little use of any tact you might have, and certainly lack class.
As a clue, you might try looking up the dictionary definition of "burble". Stopping eating corn chowder, especially when it's made with those strange mushrooms, wouldn't hurt either.
JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - Sir John Lubbock
J T wrote:

out belaboring it ad infinitum, such as you JUST DID! I don't like stating the obvious. I assume the reader has at least 1/2 a brain and can infer the remainder of the thought. In your case, I can see I expected too much! :)
dave
Now JOAT, I think maybe he got the recipe off a wee bit on those frog pills of yours.... :)
he who shall not be named,

Tue, Jul 6, 2004, 5:34pm snipped-for-privacy@leadersbyexample.com (MarkHopkins) says: Now JOAT, I think maybe he got the recipe off a wee bit on those frog pills of yours.... :)
Yeah, he's probably been putting frogs in them.
JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - Sir John Lubbock
J T wrote:

In response to that particular criticism, Heinlein came up with another term for it. "Encyclopedic Synthesist". Although a Synthesist, as he described it, would be more of a MOAT.
--
--John

DAGS...
;-)