Adhesive for scroll or band saw pattern

Hi Folks, What is the best adhesive to attach a pattern to the wood and then easy to remove after cutting the design?

Thanks, LFW use this email address snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net

Reply to
L. Wilson

Craft-type spray adhesive works well. Trick is to give it just a light coat. Available from most craft stores, or Rockler has it as well.

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
5 Reviews:

- Ryobi Reciprocating Saw

- Infinity Router Bits

- Incra Wonder Fence

- Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

- Miller Dowel System

Woodman

The best..... damned if I know but I use 3M Super 77 and it hasn't failed me yet. Residue wipes off with turps. This stuff sells for $11 per can at craft stores, or 2 cans for $9 at Sam's Club, so be sure to look around.

I've also used brand X spray adhesives and they've all worked fine for me. How much you spray on and how long you allow it to tack up before applying the paper determines how well it sticks. Follow the directions on the can and experiment a bit to get the feel of it since temp and humidity as well as the amount you spray affects performance.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Weak wallpaper paste.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Wallpaper paste / library paste / gum arabic paste -- basically the old traditional water-based recipes. You can soak it off afterwards.

Aerosol spray glue, used for screen-printing T shirts. This is a high initial tack, low final strength glue that's used to hold fabric in place while you print it.

Andy Dingley

Old tried and true method! if you don't have the spray adhesive. Dilute Elmers or any other wood glue with water. Worked for me for years.

Reply to
dteckie

I do just that. Works great. Use very little glue and spread super thin.

Reply to
Phisherman

Currently using 3M 77 but looking for Papermate Driline Adhesive said to be similar to Post it adhesive. Found another temporary adhesive in Wal Mart.

Reply to
Nospambob1

Reply to
Grandpa

I use 3M 77 spray adhesive. Then lightly rub the pattern with mineral spirits in a rag to release the pattern.

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reply to
Brandystew