additional thoughts on jointer

Page 2 of 2
CC wrote:

Oh, just like that, huh? You'll just *remember* it. What a show off.
Now where did I put that damn PENCIL!? :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

You only have ONE pencil???
I have maybe a billion of them, everywhere, under every tool, every hunk of wood, everywhere...
--
Jack

Once you retire, you no longer have to remember things like getting up to go to work, and which road if going to be closed this week , not to mention all the rest.. Makes it a lot easier to remember the good things hehehe CC
CC wrote:

I have found that I NEED a calendar to tell the day of the week let alone the date....

The perpetual calendar: "TODAY".

Hell, I can't even find the day of the week on the calendar anymore,,, The only way I know when it is Thursday, is when the neighbors set out their trashcans to be emptied the next day. If I don't notice mine doesn't get picked up. I quit wearing a watch when I stopped working,,, The only way I know it's time to get up in the morning is when the cats drag the covers off me so I will get up and feed the little critters. Cats have a built in alarm clock CC

I have had the difference between "want" and "need" explained more than once. Luckily one member of my household has intelligence. So far, my 6" planer hasn't kept me from doing something I wanted to do. I really want to get a 12" thickness planer. (Note word usage there... "want".)
Ed

Many of us have learned that the only day you enjoy a cheap tool is the day you pay for it. If you can afford it, go for the better jointer. I bought a 8" North State jointer a few years ago and while I seldom need its full capacity, I always enjoy using it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com