Adding privacy divider on top of block wall

One option to rabbiting for the lattice, is to use a vinyl product that is a track that the vinyl lattice fits into to..I used this to build a privacy fence on top of a block wall just last month..Although theres a bit more work involved to attach the track to the 2X4, or 2X6 framing. Also, re: height, there are cities here in so. calif. that allow you to erect a 2' high privacy fence on top of an existing 6' wall, so check your local building code. As for attaching the sill, or bottom plate to the block wall, some cities require pressure treated lumber that has to be bolted, via all thread epoxyed into the block wall, once again, check your local building code, doing it this way will eliminate any possiblity of the fence coming down, or you could do it the cheap,fast way, by using liquid nails on the bottom, and shooting it down with a Hiltie.

Reply to
GLT

Thanks!.

Reply to
Fred

Basically, instead of this... ___ ____ | | _| | |________|

this... _____ ____| | |________|

with the bottom of the rabbet sloped out board so it will drain. The idea of using a grooved piece of plastic for the bottom is good too but I'd drill weep holes into it.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Thanks very much Chuck! Your advice is exactly what I was hoping for.

And, HECK (sorry ladies), I'll just go ahead and screw in a few eye-bolts to the top and if wind looks like a problem, I'll just string a cord and fasten them to the trees. Not a big deal. Plus... the lovely wife will have extra clothes lines, too! Everybody wins!

Reply to
Fred

Good point! Thanks.

Reply to