Activity Center with wires and beads

Does anyone have plans for a children's activity center with beads that move along a wire? These activity centers usually have 6 wires with about 10 colorful beads on each. Children are able to move the beads along the wires. This is a nice activity center for children 2-6. Thanks.
Isn't than an 'Abacus' ?
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {and still counting on his fingers & toes}

I think Dawn is looking for plans for toys like these:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 070&itemY034 33769&rd=1>
djb
Mon, Jun 14, 2004, 5:57pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@att.net (RonMagen) wonders: Isn't than an 'Abacus' ?
It is in my book. Should be one in the archives. Purty sure I posted one at some time or another.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {and still counting on his fingers & toes}
Can you still count to twenty? LMAO
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count.
Yep !
Plus, all my teeth are real, I have enough hair to be a 'donor' every 6 weeks or so . . . and the beard is so I 'don't scare the horses'.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop
SNIP . . . Ron Magen {and still counting on his fingers & toes}
Can you still count to twenty? LMAO
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count.
I am looking for plans for something like this. It does not have to be this elaborate. Thanks!!! http://www.interiorsforbusiness.com/catalog/item.php?id &catceChil
wrote

Do you really need plans? The link gives the dimensions. Just use heavy wire like a coathanger and purchase the beads at a craft store. You have everything you need.
HTH Big John
There is a thin line between hobby & mental illness.
Take out the TRASH for E-mail.
Wed, Jun 16, 2004, 1:55pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dawn) says: I am looking for plans for something like this. It does not have to be this elaborate. Thanks!!! http://www.interiorsforbusiness.com/catalog/item.php?id &catceChil
Shoulda said before. I didn't see any price on that thingy, but I bet it's pricey.
I really can't see a kid being interested in something like that for long. Don't know about plans, but figure something like that shouldn't be too hard to make. Holes drilled in a piece of thick plywood, then plastic-coated coat hangers, or coated wire, bent into shapes, with a batch of beads. Maybe just bend a hook on the bottom ends, then glue another piece of ply to hold them in place.
Personally, I think an abacus would wind up getting more use. Probably help learning counting, too. I think I'd prefer 5 beads of one color, and 5 of another, on each string (or rod, wire, whatever). Ten strings might be nice.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe