Acrylic Source for Hess Truck Display

I would like to make some wooden display cases that would display individual Hess trucks. The wooden bases are the easy part; finding a glass or acrylic top is the challenging part. Any idea where I could get a wholesale source for these? Thanks. Rick.

try the yellow pages or thomasregister.com
Michaels sometimes has things like this. And sometimes Walmart.

Depending on how "wholesale" you need, HD or Lowes should have 1/8" clear acrylic sheets - they're sold as replacements for window glass, so they have sheets of several square feet each. I got a small one for making picture frames, and it cost more than plate glass, but still reasonable IMO - maybe $5 for maybe 3 sq feet. Hope this helps, Andy
Andy wrote:

The stiffer of those sheets can be nicely glued together edge-to-edge (aquarium style) or inserted into an attractive, cube-shaped frame. Depending on the look desired, the frames could be made of wood, brass, or even "lead" caning use with stained glass. For a true fine furniture or museum look you could also use actual glass, maybe even beveled.
Hiring a shop to make blow molded or preassembled acrylic tops would probably require a minimum of at least a few hundred parts to justify setup costs.
Barry
Rick:

I was in a Containers Store recently and they had lots of plexiglass boxes for storage. Possibly one of them, cut to fit, might work. They also had display cases for sports memorabilia - like basketballs, gloves, etc.
Look in the yellowpages or on-line.
Good hunting!
MJ Wallace