On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:25:24 GMT, the inscrutable "Steven and Gail
Whoever said it would kill you if you used it to get glue off your
hands should read this portion from the MSDS:
Swallowing small amounts is not likely to produce harmful effects."
Not quite: When swallowing, inhilation into the lungs can cause
severe damage. Otherwise it's considered to be relatively mild. But
we need to define "relatively", and "small amount". Here's a blurb:
Inhalation of vapors irritates the respiratory tract. May cause
coughing, dizziness, dullness, and headache. Higher concentrations can
produce central nervous system depression, narcosis, and
Swallowing small amounts is not likely to produce harmful effects.
Ingestion of larger amounts may produce abdominal pain, nausea and
vomiting. Aspiration into lungs can produce severe lung damage and is
a medical emergency. Other symptoms are expected to parallel
Irritating due to defatting action on skin. Causes redness, pain,
drying and cracking of the skin.
Vapors are irritating to the eyes. Splashes may cause severe
irritation, with stinging, tearing, redness and pain.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may produce severe irritation or
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Use of alcoholic beverages enhances toxic effects. Exposure may
increase the toxic potential of chlorinated hydrocarbons, such as
I realised that as I was writing it. However, I also realised that it
was fairly synonymous. To "aspirate" is to "breath in". That also
implies inhilation. If you inhale under water, you will aspirate the
water into your lungs. Aspiration can also refer to transfer of a
You are ignoring that the passage uses inhalation and aspiration quite
separately and very specifically. Add that aspiration is under Ingestion
and not under inhalation and it is clear that Mike is correct.
Me, I would wear gloves when using it and if using a lot or for a long
time a respirator (I already wear glasses).
Add my middle initial to email me. It has become attached to a country
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:53:06 -0600, "Henry St.Pierre"
Waste of cheap sweet wine. Stick to acetone, a whiff of which I have
more than once experienced in a number of people's prized home-made
vino, not to speak of some commercial offerings. Hmmm. I wonder if
cheap wine could be used to remove gorilla glue stains. And it does
damage the liver . . .
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.