Accuspray rig arrived a bit ago; naturally I have some questions

There is a tiny packet of blue light oily lubricant. What can I buy locally that's equivalent for lubing the gun? It's a composite gun (Accuspray #10). I have no idea what sort of lube should be used. The instructions don't reveal what it is.

Second question: is the check valve that they claim only lasts 1 week to

3 months available as a generic item in paint stores that carry other brands of sprayers? It goes between the cup and the gun, inline in a piece of vinyl tubing. I hope I don't have to order every little thing straight from the distributor...shipping will eat me alive, not to mention waiting for stuff.

It came with a .043 tip and a .061. Judging from the literature I might need to get the .036 tip for lacquer. Supposedly the .043 will work with waterborne urethanes, poly, acrylic urethanes, most auto finishes, enamel, epoxy. The .036 is listed as for lac, shellac, stain, sealer and again, auto finishes. Any chance that the .043 is close enough in size to work with lac? The salesman said the .061 is for latex but the manual shows a .051 for latex and adhesives, enamels. Seems like there is some overlap. sigh. each tip/nozzle is $48, so I sure don't want to buy any needlessly.

Since I got the sprayer, I don't think I'll use the Mega on the top of the oak desk unless Bonakemi gives me a go-ahead for spraying. Nothing on their web site or on the product says squat about spraying the stuff (it's for floors--waterborne urethane).

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Seems to me the best time to ask that question would have been *before* buying the unit. But then I could be missing something obvious.

Seems to me the best time to ask that question would have been *before* buying the unit. But then I could be missing something obvious.

Seems to me the best time to ask that question would have been *before* buying the unit. But then I could be missing something obvious.

Seems to me the best time to ask that question would have been *before* buying the unit. But then I could be missing something obvious.

Doug Miller

The lube is used where the needle goes into the body of the gun, i.e. the location where the needle slides through the gun.

You can also use Vasoline or KY for lubing the needle, and NO you won't contaminate your finish lubing the needle.

Reply to
Rumpty

seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show. seems to me you don't understand it was ordered from a WW show, and showed up at my house 3 days later via UPS. I didn't get an opportunity to go over all the details with a very busy salesperson at the show.

sheesh!

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

considering your previous post I'm not sure if you are serious. seems as though you are in an "anal" mood. I'll take your suggestion under advisement.

dave

Rumpty wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Well, you didn't tell us that. Still seems to me that the time to ask questions was prior to purchase, not subsequent. I generally figure that if a salesperson is too busy to answer my questions about a product that he's trying to sell, then I'm too busy to buy it.

Doug Miller

actually he answered the IMPORTANT questions that I had. this other stuff is details. christ, you are argumentative. you're gonna be talking to the hand next time.

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Um, I really don't care where you place my suggestions...I'm a user of an Accuspray gun.

Reply to
Rumpty

it's not your "using" that has me worried! :)

dave

Rumpty wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I have an older Accuspray #10. Autobody supplies sometimes stock consumables, in NY, Albert Kemperle stocks some Accuspray stuff. IIRC it was no cheaper than from Compliant Spray Systems on the web. I originally bought the gun from Sherwin Williams, I don't think they currently stock consumables for it. There are cap and needle sets available, ebay has accuspray stuff all the time. I sprayed a dump truck body and frame today with SW industrial enamel, a little slow going but virtually no overspray.

Reply to
ATP

thanks. I haven't dealt with ebay, but since you mentioned it, I'll go take a look see. The pricing on the tips and caps are unbelievable. tip/needle - $48. caps are $54. yikes!

I think Rumpty was pulling my chain when he said to use K-Y in lieu of the blue lubricant. do you know what lube to use on it, for real? thanks!

I got a chance to see their quite "institutional" models too. very quiet. one of those with a pressure pot would be a cool way to go where money's no object and neither is space to park it.

dave

ATP wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

the blue lubricant. do you know what lube to use on it, for real? thanks!

Um I said, KY or Vasoline, they both work well and I'm sure YOU have a tube of both nearby.

Reply to
Rumpty

Rumpty, funny you should mention Vaseline. I bought one jar back in the 70's or 80's to use to lubricate o-rings for AC systems (automotive). Just 2 days ago I found I still had it and used it for something in my shop. Still got 1/2 a jar.

Had you not posted the earlier off color remark, I wouldn't be so suspicious of your K-Y/Vaseline suggestion... I'll concede you are on the level now. Thanks.

dave

Rumpty wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Dave he just totally reamed you out and then you give him props. Come on and keep fighting

threads like this really are what makes the wreck what it is lol

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

He's having fun, so why should I spoil it for him?

Just got the back of my desk cut out and routered the rails and stiles. I love that Woodpecker's table ensemble! Now I gotta cut out some

1/4" oak ply panels to fit 3 sets of rails and stiles.

I'm still considering all the alternatives for a spray finish. Got any ideas besides poly? All do it in poly as a LAST resort. I hate how long it takes to dry...

dave

Mike > Dave he just totally reamed you out and then you give him props. Come on

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Yes...you certainly are MISSING something. And, yes...it is obvious! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©