Accurate 45% cuts:

He'd building a deck. Cutting the 45's on the end of a 12' board on a tablesaw will be a PITA.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Agreed. It's a deck, not piece of ornate furniture. Even if there's a little splintering, it would go unnoticed and if it doesn't, it only adds to the rustic nature of decks. A suitably sized speed square is all that's needed for a deck.

Reply to
Upscale

Make your 45's with a slight bevel, so only to top edge hits.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Thanks for all the info guys , I got her done in-between all the rain showers, now I've got to go back to work and take it easy, been on holidays , worked my butt off.

Reply to
sal

So, what was/were the useful piece(s) to the real problem which was never actually revealed???

--

Reply to
dpb

The real problems were cheap tools that had sloppy angle measurements black and decker circular saw 45deg was actually 43deg B+D mitersaw 45deg between 43 and 44deg I bought an protracter to measure the angles. The lumber I was using grade 2 kiln dried spruce some twist warpage etc hard to square up. the good stuff goes to US market.

Sal

Reply to
sal

So...

"Cut them to exactly 45 degrees" was helpful?

Reply to
B A R R Y