Accurate 45% cuts:

Page 2 of 2
sal wrote:

Build a sled.
Lew
Make my maek and line using a speed square, then I place the saw on the mark and set the spped square next to it as a guide.
If you keep a good grip on the square and wood and mark sure to guide the saw with the square you will make a cut as good as if you had a power miter saw.

Make your 45's with a slight bevel, so only to top edge hits.
Thanks for all the info guys , I got her done in-between all the rain showers, now I've got to go back to work and take it easy, been on holidays , worked my butt off.
Sal

sal wrote:

So, what was/were the useful piece(s) to the real problem which was never actually revealed???
The real problems were cheap tools that had sloppy angle measurements black and decker circular saw 45deg was actually 43deg B+D mitersaw 45deg between 43 and 44deg I bought an protracter to measure the angles. The lumber I was using grade 2 kiln dried spruce some twist warpage etc hard to square up. the good stuff goes to US market.
Sal

sal wrote:

So...
"Cut them to exactly 45 degrees" was helpful? <G>