Abysmal workmanship

I posted some photos to abpw.
I spent all day in a hotel conference room today... The hotel was completely gutted and redone over the past year or so and only recently reopened under a different brand. I got to looking at the alignment of the various outlets, jacks and switches on one section of wall. I don't think any two of them were installed at the same distance from the floor or ceiling or a level line. What was also amusing is the location of the peep hole on the door... note that the push bar is at the usual 36" from the floor. To see through the peep hole you’d have to be at least 7 feet tall! How could anybody sign off on such lousy work???

Where was this, what location? Everything is location , location, location.
--
Jeff

"woodchucker" wrote in message

The Capital District in upstate NY...
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:30:45 -0500

the signer obviously thought the price was right
a master tile setter i know gave up every job he used to get was underbid by non-english speakers
he went back to visit the jobs once completed and was not surprised to see no craftsmanship and ridiculous tile layouts
this also was in hotel environments so it was easy to visit the finished jobs state of the union indeed

I've seen that...close inspection showed each one to be offset from the one before by half the width of the box. Apparently the guy who installed them couldn't be bothered to put any S-bends in the conduit, so he just offset the boxes to line up with straight runs of conduit.
John
On 1/23/2016 11:37 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Bingo ...
What you get when you take the lowest bid.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
John McCoy wrote:

Should only require a simple off-set bend to accommodate the distance from the wall to the knock-out. Should not involve any difference in height at all.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

Different scenario - imagine you have 3 parallel runs of conduit. Normally you'd put 3 boxes at equal heights, and s-bend each conduit to align with it's box. This guy, instead, spaced the conduits by 1/2 the box width and staggered the heights of the boxes to match.
John
John McCoy wrote:

Boy - that does not make any sense at all. That's "different" thinking...
I'm guessing he did that so that he could hit the side of the box instead of the top or bottom?