Abrassives - more than you ever wanted to know - in PDF format

A rep from 3 M did a presentation to the Silicon Valley Woodturners club. Two Coated Abrassives Manfuacturers Institute (CAMI) booklets from that presentation, "CAMI Book #1 - Coated Abrasives.pdf" and "CAMI Book #2 - Woodworking.pdf" provide more than you probably ever wanted to know about abrassives and their application to woodworking

Look for "3 M handouts" and click on CAMI Book #1 and CAMI Book#2 to download their PDF versions. Note: these are relatively large files so if you have a dial up connection to the Net be prepared for a long download time.

charlieb

Thank you Charlie

Reply to
Leon

As a competitor to 3M I can vouch that it can be like pulling teeth to get any detailed information like this from them. I have learned to carry wire cutters to trade shows so I can liberate literature from their displays.

As for me, I have been in the coated abrasive business for about 35 years.

Best regards,

Lyle Rawlins General Manager Pacific Abrasive

Lyle Rawlins

Great score, Charlie. Thanks for that.

Robatoy