ABPW help request

I would appreciate very much if someone with access to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking would forward a complete copy of the post with the subject "Re: Repost with a proper sized picture (1/1)".
Thanks
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 4/23/2010 9:56 AM, Stephen Quinn wrote:

Thanks, Steve, that's where I saw the post - what I need are the original headers (which aren't available at delorie.com).
CYA not necessary, in this case. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I can't help there sorry as my ISP (sometimes) doesn't d/l pix (probably size limits). In this case I never saw the 2nd post (1/1) attachments.

L8a then <g> Steve
On 4/23/2010 10:52 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:

The headers are available in the copy of the original I sent you via e-mail this morning, however, you may have to save the .eml attachment to the hard drive first in order to see them.
If all you need are the headers, I can see them easily and e-mail you just those.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/23/2010 11:25 AM, Swingman wrote:

Yuppers - worked like a charm (and I learned something useful).
Many thanks!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Well.......if I done knowed that I, i wouldn't done resized dem pics and sent 'em to ya......
On 4/23/2010 5:22 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Sorry to put you through the extra trouble - I still have the hi-res originals. Those were photos were downloaded from
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/SawHorse /
and republished without authorization. I just needed the headers to establish the perp's identity and posting server.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

No trouble, I woulda just sent ya the headers<g>
In forth:

just looked at em, he did just repost 'em.......damn

Hey, let's not get overly excited here. I don't think there was the slightest malicious intent.
He did repost Morris' pics, but only after trying to post his own pics and failing. He clearly stated in the very first message that this was Morris Dovey's design and in the last series of posts stated that the pictures (showing various uses) were from a previous post to ABPW by Morris. I looked through my folder, but did not save Morris's original post on these sawhorses, on this machine at least. Ther are 10-12 messages in the thread, all of which made Morris out to be a bloody genius in sawhorse design.
First message was :
---------------------------------------
Subject: Morris Doveys saw horse - DSC05360.JPG (0/1)
I finally got around to making one of Morris's design sawhorse. It cost less than $10 to make. The height is right for a handsaw.
-------------------------------------- He then posted a megapicture of his work. People demanded smaller pictures, and he was having trouble cutting the file size and still posting something other than ROT13 gibberish. He then apparently reposted the original pictures Morris posted 1-5 years ago with a separate message saying these were indeed his (Morris's) pictures from some time earlier, and even said he hoped Morris would see it and perhaps supply the dimensions someone else had asked for in a separate message.
I don't think he was trying to take any credit from Morris, since he mentioned him more than he did himself. Seemed to me that all he was trying to do was help out somebody else who couldn't d/l his posted pictures, and he couldn't figure out how to shrink them to proper size. Hell maybe they were in yEnc format, although since nobody was foaming at the mouth on ABPW and rending their garments about yEnc, , maybe they were not either.
Morris, if you see this, I will be very happy to forward you every note in the thread so you can read all of them yourself.
You know, folks, for $10 a month you can get a 20-30 gig a month d/l via easynews or giganews for over 100,000 newsgroups, including ABPW. Might even be something cheaper with reduced bandwidth. Lord knows 20 gigs is a LOT of bandwidth. I'd like to see a lot of you get an account like this, as the traffic is down a lot from a year or two ago when so many of the major ISPs dropped Usenet.
Regards, Roy
On 4/23/10 8:51 PM, Roy wrote:

Or for free... like everything else on the internet.... you can get with the 21st century and post and view all you want on any number of file hosting sites.
--

-MIKE-

Who has free binaries? I know there are a several places that offer free text access, but do not know of any Usenet supplier that provides free access for binaries.
There must be a lot of people here who would love to be able to access ABPW for free. I know several folks who are paying just for text group access.
forth:

WOW! I did not take it seriously that people actually did this!. Even has the one with the Zyliss Vice in it - my favorite tool!

Hey -- that's my first sighting of a Zyliss vice in the wild!