About product rebates...

I just got it a week before the rebate came out. If I

Hi Doug,

Every unit shipped to a dealer through the month of August included the reb... ahem, reward form. I did that in an effort to avoid your very situation. So, I assume you purchased directly from me (web or phone) rather than from a dealer. Since the pricing at dealers is generally less than list price, I'm sure you had other reasons for your choice. For example, Chad's Toolbox price on the Jr. Basic is already 10% less than list.

When people ask, I pretty much tell them that my price on the case is outrageous (my cost is about $26). That's why I offer a version of the Jr. without the case (Jr. Basic). If you're willing to invest some time and effort, you can have as nice or even a better case for considerably less.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed Bennett

Thanks! While it's still not ideal, I do believe that the program is vastly improved. Thanks to all who contributed!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Bennett

You do not mention on the web page that the customer has to be in USA as well as the dealer.

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

FWIW, here's a down and dirty T-S Aligner Jr Basic case:

than $8 for hinges/clasp, after a pass through the scrap pile and a couple of hours letting the glue/shellac dry. Not fine furniture, but does the job and would be a bargain at twice the price. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Hmmmm.... Good point. Actually, I'm more worried about sending payments outside the US than I am about where the dealer is. I'll work on it.

Thanks Jerome! Ed

Reply to
Ed Bennett

Bravo! Heck of a lot nicer than the plastic case. Gee, could you quote that in quantities of 100? ;-)

Reply to
Ed Bennett