About product rebates...

Page 2 of 2
Username: snipped-for-privacy@requirements.com Password: noregs2 This one got me in.
Courtesy of www.bugmenot.com which supplies access info for thousands of sites requiring PITA registration.
Art

RE: Subject
I automatically discount any rebate amount by 25%, then consider the net amout to see if it still interests me.
Most of the time it doesn't?
Lew
I get frustrated with rebates in general because it often seems I just buy the product and the rebate comes out. That happened with my ts- aligner jr. I just got it a week before the rebate came out. If I knew the rebate was coming out, I would have waited and bought the model with a mid-range dial which would have come with a case. I am good at following through on rebates when I do get them.
I am a fairly new woodworker and want to get the best for my shop, while at the same time keeping my costs down (as do most hobbyist woodworkers I would think). I accept that I missed the time line. I feel the product is worth it or I wouldn't have purchased it, I just get a bit miffed as most buyers would.
The TS-Aligner Jr. is a great product. I especially enjoyed the included dvd and the background of the product and visual applications of the product. I bought this because I am (was) having a challenge setting my jointer knives and this product seems the best all around product to do that along with all the other measuring and setting I will need to do.
As an FYI, I have since purchase a plastic case ($4.00) and some high density foam ($6.50) and cut out spaces for the product and saved $26.48.
Doug

Hi Doug,
Every unit shipped to a dealer through the month of August included the reb... ahem, reward form. I did that in an effort to avoid your very situation. So, I assume you purchased directly from me (web or phone) rather than from a dealer. Since the pricing at dealers is generally less than list price, I'm sure you had other reasons for your choice. For example, Chad's Toolbox price on the Jr. Basic is already 10% less than list.
When people ask, I pretty much tell them that my price on the case is outrageous (my cost is about $26). That's why I offer a version of the Jr. without the case (Jr. Basic). If you're willing to invest some time and effort, you can have as nice or even a better case for considerably less.
Thanks, Ed
"Ed Bennett" wrote in message

FWIW, here's a down and dirty T-S Aligner Jr Basic case:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Jigs.htm#TSJrCase
Less than $8 for hinges/clasp, after a pass through the scrap pile and a couple of hours letting the glue/shellac dry. Not fine furniture, but does the job and would be a bargain at twice the price. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Bravo! Heck of a lot nicer than the plastic case. Gee, could you quote that in quantities of 100? ;-)