About Paully Rad

Page 1 of 2
The recent thread on Paully Rad started me thinking that, unless someone stumbles across him whilst Googling, they could miss some valuable information. I'd like to suggest that we start our own little 'Hall of Fame' and immortalise some valued contributors in the FAQ. For example:
The following Wreck members/contributors have provided consistently valued information and are worthwhile searching for on the topics attributed to them.
Paul T. Radovanic (dec. 2002) - Finishing, Shellac Cut and paste the following as a single entry in your browser: <http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&as_uauthors=radovanic&as_scoring=d&lr=&num 0&hl=en>
etc
What do you think, who else would you add?
--
Groggy

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:35:27 GMT, "Greg Millen"

Tom Plamann
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:35:27 +0000, Greg Millen wrote:

John Gunterman- Spokeshaves (http://www.shavings.net )
Keith Bohn / UA100- Old Machinery
Ron Hock- Hand tool blades (http://hocktools.com )
Patrick Leach- Old hand tools (http://www.supertool.com )
That should get things off to a good start...
--
Joe Wells

I haven't been here nearly long enough to offer an opinion, but the combined wisdom and help these, and other, folks have offered have made my woodworking odessey much more enjoyable.
My sincere thanks to each.
Patriarch
patriarch < wrote:

Add
Jeff Gorman - Hand Tools Set Up, Use & Fixtures (http://www.amgron.clara.net /)
Walt Akers - Plans and Tales Worth Reading (http://www.twisted-oaks.com /)
Paddy's Shellac Opus (can't find the url)
Dresdner's and Flexner's sites on finishes and finishing (also can't find urls)
Phil Laird's site for Jarrah inspirations and OZ speak
Ken Vaughn - Neatest Shop on the Planer ( http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/main.html )
Bill Pentz - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Dust Collectors (http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm )
charlie b
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:12:04 GMT, patriarch

B-A-Dave. <G>
Barry

Yes. Worthwhile. Gone but not forgotten.

Are these accolades or *posthumous* accolades?
"patrick conroy" wrote in message ...

Accolades, as a guide to newbies to find wreckers with specific knowledge sets.
Note: there will be a public flogging at midday for Barry's suggestion...
Groggy

YYEESSssssss!
Let us not forget Steve Knight
--
Nahmie

Whew! Was worried I've have to quote Samuel Clemens, "The rumors of my death..."

Oooo! Let's make it a fun lil' get-to-gether. I'll bring the Nacho's and Salsa. I make a mean salsa. The secret is cylantro and basil.
"Noons" wrote in message ...

Glenbrook or AST (JOC)?

Noons, if you'd like, I can host your site for you (FOC) until you're up and running. I've a permanent IP and a redirect is easy enough to set up; ping me.
Good to see you pop up for a sanity check,
cheers,
Greg

Glenbrook. And it's finally finished!

Thanks chief. The house is supposed to be ready end of October. That means we should move in some time in November (touch wood). If it doesn't happen, then I'll need a site somewhere and will take up your offer.
Noons wrote:

Gee, Nuno ... I didn't realize you were that important.
Didya perhaps meet a fellow named Dick Cheney while you were locked away? ;-)

Sucks to be you, eh? ;-) Seriously, I look forward to upcoming drivebys from you.
Chuck Vance

Important? Narh, just a database designer with a lot of crap to go through.

Hehehe! This is Australia we're talking about. The hardest thing to do here is keep illegal migrants away from our shores: everyone wants to move in.

hmmmmyeah, a few around. Mostly carving and measuring related. I'm into a lot of small things now (no workshop) and some minor carpentry to fix things aroud the rental places. Weirdest job was to fix the water infiltration into the garage. Turned out to be just rain water coming in via the front door. A small bump of concrete across the entrance and all was fine after that.
Ah well, I'll catch up soon.
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:35:27 GMT, "Greg Millen"

I would add a couple names who were valued contributors years ago, but seldom heard from anymore:
John Paquay http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay /
jim mcnamara - no website, unfortunately. Knows more about finishes and finishing than anyone recently on the 'wreck'. Wish he would come back.
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:46:57 -0400, Wally Goffeney

As much as I love Jums, I wouldn't say the ol' Minwhacker was a finishing guru.
Yeah, I miss 'em all, too.
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------
Larry Jaques wrote:

You've got the wrong Jim McNamara, the finishing guru signs:
jim mcnamara Domingo Rose
He's posted a couple of time in the last two months. I hope his posts become more frequent.
calmly ranted:

Well why didn't he SAY "Domingo Rose"? I grok the original question better now. Thanks.
=========================================================CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
The tipoff is that "finishing guru" jim mcnamara always signs in lower case. Haven't seen the other Jim McNamara in a long time either.
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 19:03:48 -0700, Larry Jaques

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wgoffeney/Woodworking/Woodworking.htm