? about drawers under WB

I am to the point of installing 3/4" MDF vertical sides into the two drawer spaces below my new workbench. After installation the I.D. will be about 24" and each of the 6 or so drawers on the left side would be about 23" O.D. There will be only two drawers in the right side opening.
How do I measure for the positioning/installation of the drawer slides such that each drawer will be dead nuts level and all lined up with their fronts vertical?
I am considering clamping the two sides together and drilling very tiny holes in each MDF side before they are installed. Each hole would be the location of the first screw in each slide.
Perhaps I should buy the slides first so I can see what I am up against.
Is the above the best way to do this? If not, I seek your experienced comments and help.
TKS, Hoyt W.

I.D. ?? obviously not 'inside diameter'.

same question, re: O.D obviously not 'outside diameter'

I use a tool known as a 'level'. <grin>
First, make sure that where the workbench is sitting is level -- few things more -annoying- than installing the drawers 'level to the world', and then discovering that the floor is crooked.
Then, put the level at the line of the drawer, and mark on both -faces- where the level point is.
then apply the level to the inside of the frame, aligned with the mark on the face. that line is the screw-line for the slides.

*good* idea! :)
Most slide mechanisms have some 'adjustment' capability (i.e. 'elongated' screw holes), so you can tweak to fit.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

Robert, I should have given my usage of I.D. and O.D. in this instance. My intention was that I.D. = interior dimension and O.D. = outside dimension. That may be contrary to common usage, but I do not know.
Thank you for your helpful comments.
Hoyt W.

I dunno about 'common' -- First time _I've_ encountered those abbreviations other than dealing with "round stuff". May speak more to what I've been exposed (or *not* exposed) to. <grin>
Anyway, I wasn't getting anywhere trying to make sense of things, even when I guessed inside/outside 'something', cuz the 'outside' measure was smaller than the 'inside' one.
*NOW* I realize they were measures on two _different_ things, with the 'outside'-measured item fitting _inside_ the 'inside'-measured one. And all becomes clear.
Note: if you have already built the drawers, you'll have to measure closely and then shop carefully for the slide hardware you will use. standard slides need 1/2" +/- 1/32" for each side. If you're under that clearance, shopping will be a challenge. If over it, obviously you can shim.
Also, several places -- e.g. (without looking) Rockler, Lee Valley, etc. -- sell jigs/templates for lining up the screw points for drawer slides. I've never been able to justify the price, for _my_ level of use.
Robert Bonomi wrote:
<snip,snip>

Thank you Robert. I ordered 7 Accuride series 3832, 24" Slides and the appropriate Jig it from Rocker last Thursday. They should arrive about the time I finish installing the 3/4" MDF vertical side supports. I agree with your previous suggestion to just use a level. I have a 24" wooden one which will be good enough for this application. I have not yet built the drawers. One step at a time is the way I am approaching this project.
Hoyt W.
Robert Bonomi wrote:
<snip,snip>

Thank you Robert. I ordered 7 Accuride series 3832, 24" Slides and the appropriate Jig it from Rocker last Thursday. They should arrive about the time I finish installing the 3/4" MDF vertical side supports. I agree with your previous suggestion to just use a level. I have a 24" wooden one which will be good enough for this application. I have not yet built the drawers. One step at a time is the way I am approaching this project.
Hoyt W.

I understood ya....