abernathy vise

I picked up an Abernathy Vise No. 80D at a yard sale today. Twenty bucks. The seller had cleaned it up and painted it yellow. Not my choice of color for a vise, but, you take it like it comes. It has a dual slide mechanism to prevent racking and has a quick release. I can't find anything on Abernathy vises on the 'net. Anyone ever heard of them?
Bob
test

Is it an under-the-top woodworkers vise? Or a benchtop vise?
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

What are the jaw dimensions and opening depth?
I got as lucky, or blessed, found an antique woodworkers vise made by "American Scale Co. KS MS No. 204", $20 with an aluminum spacer no doubt added later, shop made. Jaw faces are 7"x4" and a 12" opening without cheeks (wood faces as jaws). It's got a quick action (not a quick release), handle over the top all the way to the left and the thrreads are off of the half-nut. Works great, on either end of the turn it will "snap" into place.
Upload some shots if you would, I'll reply with mine.
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
You think this thing is an antique?
Bob

bob wrote:

You give JOAT back his vise. I found this, not very useful but all I got w/o really looking. http://www.slpl.lib.mo.us/libsrc/exhbtors.htm http://www.freshpatents.com/Quick-position-clamp-and-vise-dt20041104ptan20040217531.php Have you checked eBay?
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

http://www.freshpatents.com/Quick-position-clamp-and-vise-dt20041104ptan20040217531.php

Not here. alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, or to a web site, with a link here.
And I agree. JOAT will need his vise back. Probably one of his kids sold it.
Patriarch