Abernathy Bench Vise

I got a free workbench that has been well many years ago. It had an Abernathy Bench Vise and a tail vise using a single bench screw. The bench screw is fine, but the Abernathy vise appears to be missing some kind of nut or threaded piece that the screw can drive into and close the vise. Does anyone know about these? What should I do to fix it?

On a different note, it's a very strange thing to cannibalize an old workbench. There's a lot of work done on it. It's too bad it was made out of construction lumber and pine. It is rotted and falling apart in several places.

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson