A World Class Concert Hall

Here's a project we finished up in Madison (Wisconsin of course) last year. It turned out "kinda" nice.
A Shot From The Stage:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0732/X00047_9.JPG
A Shot From The Back:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0763/X00109_9.JPG
Not Lit Up But A Cool Shot:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0729/X00123_9.JPG
We Warned Them About Barber Poling But Would They Listen?:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0687/X00095_9.JPG
The entire hall was built in our shop in Milwaukee and shipped to the site is pretty huge sub-assemblies (all shop finished). For the side boxes we mocked up the existing field conditions in the shop using cantilevered steel racking. These were radius in plan, elevation and section. When they were set in place nearly everything fit like it was built on site. The funny thing was, we had a hellava problem with plain old straight paneling. I won't go into why that was other than to say it wasn't by our doing.
UA100
"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Looks like world class ww'ing also. Nice to see projects of that magnitude in the age of faux.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
butch wrote:

Actually it was a privately funded (gift) to the city.

What we had to work from was raw concrete out croppings and back walls. We supplied plaster templates to the GC. There was a wee bit of transit work involved. God bless Al Gore for inventing the CNC router.

Floors 3" out over the span of 50 feet. Makes for some wide base.

We got it right the first time around. The rework we did do was from improper (forgot to read the drarings) installation.
UA100
My Dad was an independant one-man shop, and when I was a teenager, I helped with many cabinet installations. In one case, (this was Oregon) a logger had started a house, and then been injured. His wife and her mother finished the house, and we installed cabinets. Over an 8' length, the kitchen must have been off by 4-5 inches. Didn't look that bad, but Dad made his cabinets to hang true. So, some custom molding to cover the voids. I know it bothered him, but what was there to do? The finish guys have to deal with what they have to deal with.
Steve