A Warning to Potential Newbies

Or a whaddayacallem... tiki thingie.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Shouldn't of done that. They don't like to be talked about. I can see it now.

One day, a '46 Woody in emacular condition will drive up, and a guy in a bib overall and a carpenter's pencil behind his ear will come to your door carrying a wooden toolbox.

All the public knows is that the auger they drilled you with wasn't Metric......

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

| charlie b writes: | || And if you get into this subcutlure of 'amateur woodworkers', || in time, you'll learn about The Cabal - maybe. | | Shouldn't of done that. They don't like to be talked about. | I can see it now. | | One day, a '46 Woody in emacular condition will drive up, and a guy | in a bib overall and a carpenter's pencil behind his ear will come | to your door carrying a wooden toolbox.

charlie b's post didn't show up on news.qwest.net which just goes to prove there is no Cabal. :-|

Morris Dovey

Ayuh, I've seent 'im knockin' 'round the dumpstah that's on the ass end of the sawmill.

Pokin' and lookin' and pokin' a bit more.

Kinda stirrin' the trash up like he's about to turn up some gold.

His "For Special" car is an El Camino of unknown vintage, being shrouded with so much wood dust.

He heats his shop with culls that didn't make it to the lathe.

He lives a life that's half finished - which is why his woman left him.

But - it did take him two and a half months to notice that she was gone.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 10:52am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlie=A0b) did put out a load of stuff that was snipped:

You should hav started that one out with, "Once upon a time".

"Odd looking" gas can? I've seen them for sale at the convience store gastations, Wally World, the hardware store, etc. Haven't seen a gas can yet with a child-proof cap.

Who can afford a pound of 7-ll pammican, at their prices? The few people I've seen wearing jump suits would be horried if it was dusty. Besides, areal man won't want something like a jump suit showing him up if he's got to go. And, who wears their ear muffs out of the shop? =

Who shops at the Borg for good wood?

Most guys, when they wake up, start thinking about something eat, and/or something with caffeine in it, not whatever they "need" to do on that day. Don't worry, your wife is more than happy to let you know hat you "need" to do.

You know you're not gonna let your kid anywhere near some guy with power tools.

Have you "ever" seen a bunch of those yard figure "done well"? Or made by anyone owing any tools other than a sabre saw? I've never heard of anyone makinganything as exotic as a kitchen table in an adult education shop class. IF there's even one offerred.

Give away perfectly good tools? Hah, yeah, sure, right, In real life, they get ut away, "in case you need them again", are converted to some other function, torn down for parts, or are totally dead, and tossed.

What? No mention of Roy? At least you didn't mention Bob, that much is in your favor.

You didn't ention used bookstores. Or he library.

There is no Cabal. Take their word for it.

JOAT IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!

Reply to
J T

Nope - Stihl

Reply to
charlie b

snip

Yup - mine. See a.b.p.w. Yard Figures - for JT

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Sounds like a longer version of the chant boots heard at Parris Island in the '50s, usually as they lined up for their first chow: "You'll be sorreeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

But, hell, by that time they already were.

Reply to
Charles Self

Boy, have you got this pegged!

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 3:52pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@eruditorum.org (Enoch=A0Root) doth sayeth: Or a whaddayacallem... tiki thingie.

Damn straight. A chainsaw is a precision woodworking tool.

JOAT Don't make me use UPPER CASE.

Reply to
J T

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 9:13pm snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com (Tom=A0Watson) doth His "For Special" car is an El

Which reminds me, I know where there's a nice El C, that's been sitting for a few years. "Gotta" check that out.

Yeah, he noticed. She took the dog.