A very long month ahead

I ordered my saw on the weekend, expecting it to be here on Wednesday afternoon. I received a call last night and found out it is, quite literally, on a slow boat from China (well, Taiwan anyway).
New ETA is December 2nd or 3rd. This is going to be a very long month.
<sigh>
--
Groggy

Do yourself a favour. Plan on it arriving early in the new year and be pleasantly surprised if it arrives earlier. I know it sucks, but there it is.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:12:48 +1100, "Greg Millen"

Griz told me that mine was BOed as well, with a 4-6 week delay. That was Friday. On Monday, the trucking company in Grants Pass called, said it was in, and asked if they should deliver it. So don't count on that delay to be real. It oftimes isn't.
(Who'd you buy it from, anyway? I missed the 1st portion.)
--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."

<snip>
Larry, I bought it from a local guy who sells machines and runs a woodworking teaching centre.
The saw is a Leda machine, it's Taiwanese and looks like:
http://www.europac.com.tw/01_Woodworking_Machinery/Sawing_Machines/Tilting_Arbor_Saw/03_tilting_arbor_saw.htm
cheers,
Greg
snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au says...

http://www.europac.com.tw/01_Woodworking_Machinery/Sawing_Machines/Tilting_Arbor_Saw/03_tilting_arbor_saw.htm
Hi Greg,
Nice saw, like the sliding table. I have been thinking about a new saw. Limited choice here but a local supplier has these.
www.truckstuff.org/wood/mbs250.htm
Solid machine. The 10" is about $2000 Aus and the sliding table is another $1000. My contractor saw is now about 5 years old and well used. Could possibly get what I originaly paid for it. Have to fiddle the cash flow <G>
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

"Phil Hansen" < snipped-for-privacy@pastnet.co.za> wrote in message
Hi Greg,

And pricing?

Am sure that is correct but do you want to start a war with the Unisaw people? A lot of the contractor saws we get get here come from Maoshan in TW. Renamed in any number of flavours. Cheers
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

$2800 Oz (I don't have a price gloat)

If they argue about something vaguely relating to woodworking in lieu of POL I'll be happy. Hmmm, <thinks>
Unisaws are crappily built nowadays anyway, especially compared to the cheaper and more solidly constructed Taiwanese stuff.
<Poo suits are GO Virgil>
--
Groggy

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:37:49 -0800, Larry Jaques

There's a business theory stating "Under promise, over deliver". Grizzly seems to subscribe to this for delivery dates, based on many things I've read here..
The thinking behind the theory is that if your item or service had arrived when promised, you'd be happy. Getting it early makes you very happy. Delivering late is a definite no-no.
Barry
Greg,
What saw did you buy?
I just got a new Grizzly G0444Z 2HP contracter saw and have it assembled. I'm still working on aligning the blade, then fence...but it is 1000% nicer than my old Crafstman benchtop. Thanks to other posts to a previous question, I cleaned the iron with mineral spirits to remove the shipping wax (i.e. gunk) and then applied 3 coats of original Johnson's paste wax. Now my wife rolls here eyes when I go to the garage and polish the saw like a new car. Mine came in less than a week. When I called the shipping company to arrange pickup they said it was already on the truck and on the way. It's a good thing I work from home and was here to accept delivery.

"Jeremy" wrote in message ...

Jeremy, meet BUFF. BUFF, Meet Jeremy:
http://www.europac.com.tw/01_Woodworking_Machinery/Sawing_Machines/Tilting_Arbor_Saw/03_tilting_arbor_saw.htm

If General was an option down here I'd probably have bough one of those.
Cheers,
Greg (D-1 and counting)
Aww shucks....
Greg - u r welcome to pop up here and use my pretty grey one...lol
Nothing worse than scrimping and saving for a gift to oneself only to have the pleasure delayed!

--
Outgoing mail is pre-scanned by AVG
Actually, I'll be in Brissie at the end of the month...

Greg