A sort of woodworking post

I have to install some 3/4 round on the outside of my house. I am using the PVC stuff.
I am correct to use 3 inch stainless finish nails? If not what? I want to use a nail gun. I have 100ft to do
Larry C

It'd be better to use two pieces of 3/8 round. Drive the nails first - 16d common Monel ringshanks on 3" centers - and set them proud about 3/16", then route out recesses for the nail heads in both pieces of 3/8" to house the nail heads (make sure that you reverse the grain so you don't get warping in the PVC). Then sandwich the nail heads in between the two pieces of 3/8 round using PVC monoclonal cellular adhesive, and use about 2000 headless pins to hold them in place while the glue dries. Post some pictures next Spring when you're done.
RicodJour wrote:

holy moley.!???
Larry C wrote:

2 1/4" stainless deck screws will work just fine ... you'll need the 1000 pack for $90 and a deck screw gun, but a guns a gun.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08