A sort of woodworking post

I have to install some 3/4 round on the outside of my house. I am using the PVC stuff.

I am correct to use 3 inch stainless finish nails? If not what? I want to use a nail gun. I have 100ft to do

Larry C

Reply to
Larry C

It'd be better to use two pieces of 3/8 round. Drive the nails first

- 16d common Monel ringshanks on 3" centers - and set them proud about

3/16", then route out recesses for the nail heads in both pieces of 3/8" to house the nail heads (make sure that you reverse the grain so you don't get warping in the PVC). Then sandwich the nail heads in between the two pieces of 3/8 round using PVC monoclonal cellular adhesive, and use about 2000 headless pins to hold them in place while the glue dries. Post some pictures next Spring when you're done. R
Reply to
RicodJour

2 1/4" stainless deck screws will work just fine ... you'll need the 1000 pack for $90 and a deck screw gun, but a guns a gun.
Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
jo4hn