A small wood gloat...

I finally managed to attend the Timber Framers Guild Eastern conference this year and in addition to making several valuable contacts at the benefit auction SWMBO and I picked up 1000 BF of T&G Cypress flooring for $700.
Looks like we won't be living on sub-floor after all...
The flooring was donated by Gary Norton of The Timber Shop in Summerville, SC. Gary will piggy back the load on another delivery he has coming up to the north east and will also supply the 2" T&G SYP we planned on using for the 2nd story flooring.
On the down side we arrive home at 5:15pm on Sunday to find a 20' wide 4'+ deep trench eroded through driveway and 30 shop vac loads of water flooding my father's basement (where 1/2 of our belongings are/were stored waiting the completion of our house).
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:
Archangel wrote:

Do you have any other information about the Timber Shop? I can't find it in the Charleston,Sc directory. I'll see if we still have the Summerville book when I get home tonight. Joe

<snip>
The Timber Shop - Specializing in timber and products for timber frame homes. - Featuring Southern Yellow Pine (#1 dense), Cypress, and - FOHC Douglas Fir.
1305-C N. Main St., #221 Summerville, SC 29483
I've got Gary Norton's business card, he handles the East Coast. snipped-for-privacy@thetimbershop.com 843-906-4385
They've got a single web page that ATM says little more than the card and lists three contact email adresses. http://www.thetimbershop.com /
They have a good reputation with the Guild membership.
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:
Archangel wrote:

thank you, they're too new for the latest phone book, but right on the Goodwill route home. Joe
Archangel wrote:

Thank you, they're too new for the latest phone book. And it's only a few miles from home. Joe