A small nanner, and a couple of bummers.

Suffering from Tormek-envy this morning, I stopped in at Woodcraft to remedy the situation. I left there with another 35 bft of select cherry, a slow speed grinder, and a $30 rubber bulb for glue. Yippee on the cherry; $3.69 a bft is pretty good for these parts. Bummer on the other items. The edges of the tool rests are bumpy and wavy. It'll take some work to get them flat or attach something straight enough to guide my hand. I don't use a jig; just my forefinger along the edge of the tool rest. The tool rests from my old grinder don't fit. The rubber bulb glue bottle is a disappointment. The demo item in the store was leak free with the cast zinc nozzle screwed on. I couldn't budge it at all with a finger pressed lightly over the brass tip. The one I bought just wheezes through the rubber gasket when I squeeze. I'm bummed. That's another $10 in gas to exchange it for one that will close. I suppose I could try to seal it with the glue in it, but what use Do I have for a $30 leaky rubber bulb?

Reply to
MikeWhy

I hate Woodcraft and have done so ever since I found out about the one that opened near where I used to live. At least now I have to drive to the opposite side of town to get my fix.

Every time I go in to the store I spend to much money for something I have to have. :)

Dave N

Reply to
David G. Nagel