A restoration question

Sometimes old furniture has a paper tag on it somewhere giving information about who made it. Over the years the paper yellows and gets dirty.
There is no newsgroup about antique restoration, no restoration forum on the Internet, and a google search of this group turned up nothing. Does anyone know of any source of information about cleaning old paper?
Many thanks,
Stewart
Stewart Schooley wrote:

DAGS for "Surface Cleaning of Paper", the following link is the first hit:
http://www.nedcc.org/plam3/tleaf62.htm
If you want a book:
http://www.collectioncare.org/cci/ccicpa.html

Welcome
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark,
Tanks a million. Your information will be put on the Antique Radio Forum.
Stewart
Mark wrote:

Whadd'a you know about the Antique Radio's from Harbor Freight? Are they any good?
--------------090800010700030007050007 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
There has been no discussion on rec.antiques.radio+phono about the Harbor Freight radios. I posted a question about them.
You can read any responses here. Google is usually several hours behind the newsgroups. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=rec.antiques.radio%2Bphono&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&edition=us&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search
Stewart
mttt wrote:

--------------090800010700030007050007--
www.homesteadfinishing.com has a forum close to restoration.

My Mom has been an avid antique collector all her life. A trick she showed me many years ago works well for light soil. Trim the crust off a slice of marshmallow bread (aka-white bread, obtainable a half price at Harbor Freight this week, and no, the whole wheat is NOT on sale).
Wad about a third or half a slice up into a dough ball, and use that to gently rub away the dirt. Fresh bread has just the right moisture content to grab surface dirt, but is not abrasive. Cheap, uh, errr, I mean thrifty, too.
Do your HF radios play MP3's? I've got 9-10,000 hours of old time radio programs I'd like to listen to in the shop, and my Rio Volt can't boost the audio over the table saw noise.
Roy

--------------030506020809030001080704 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Roy,
Now that you mention it, I remember hearing about using bread to clean wallpaper. Back before they made washable wallpaper.
I don't know a thing about MP3. Never downloaded anything. Some old radio guys buy a small transmitter [I don't think they are very expensive] to broadcast old time radio records across the room to their radios.
Post your question on rec.antiques.radio+phono. There are some very sharp people there and I'm sure you will get some information.
Stewart

--------------030506020809030001080704 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit