A real non-troll post - What finish for pine window frames?

We have windows in our new addition that need to be finished. The interior is pine. I'm using a gel stain, but am wondering what I should use as a top coat. If anyone can read this through all of the other posts cluttering up the newsgroup, what would you use on top of the stain?
todd
If it is knotty pine, seal the wood first with shellac to prevent sap from bleeding through. Shellac is compatable with most materials for overcaoting, and is itself a good finish for pine tongue-in-groove walls. I'd suggest spar varnish overcoat if you need durability for a damp area (ie, wooden window sashes that tend to get damp from water condesate on the glass panes in a spa enclosure or bathroom, etc ). The UV-proof poly that others have mentioned here is well suited when your stain has a reddish color, since red pigments tend to sun-bleach terribly.
As a sealer under a topcoat the shellac should be dewaxed to avoid adhesion problems. Waxy shellac is compatible with some materials but why chance a problem?