A quick Saw Stop comment

Don't laugh....
That's EXACTLY how I envisioned it!!
(I'm actually being serious here....)
;^0
Robert

Their site shows the 4 versions that they are currently making, newest just before the the latest cabinet saw is a contractors saw that has a portable mobile base for easier construction site mobility.
http://www.sawstop.com/contractor/contractor_home.php

I know I need to. ;!) Problem is, I have a cabinet saw now and I suspect it is not going to wear out. Now if some one were to make me an offer I think I would be all over the SawStop.

Yeah, I was one of the early defenders, having a some what vested interest in the saw technology I was looking into it 8-9 years ago. Having whacked off half of my thumb 20 years ago I inquired to learn if the blade would "stop" after the motor was turned off, it does and had this saw been available 6 years earlier I probably would have bought it and 15 years earlier I would still have all of my thumb.

All those quality features and a riving knife.

Yeah my local Woodcraft has one in the class room also. I think I could talk them into letting me test drive it with out much effort. I am afraid that the attraction I would experience would be similar to yours, and I don't forsee being in the market. BUT!!! IMHO it is only a matter of time before a user is injured on a TS especially if they use one regularily. I think it is more a matter of "when" not "if". And given that school of thought the saw could be twice the price and it would still be a bargain when considering pain and suffering, medical expenses and rehab.

All they need to do now is to add a sliding 10' table and a scoring blade, and I could be in the market in 2 years. <G>

All they need to do now is to add a sliding 10' table and a scoring blade, and I could be in the market in 2 years. <G>
Yeah I also have the major hots for the Laguna sliding table saw but I really don't have the room.

I'd be happy with one of those Mini Max SC3W. But space is an issue till next spring.

I'd be happy with one of those Mini Max SC3W. But space is an issue till next spring.
This one absolutely makes me HOT! http://www.lagunatools.com/panelsaw.signature.aspx

25 grand more than the MiniMax.... That Laguna better be sawing a LOT of panels, 2 shifts daily 5 day a week...and feeding a crew of 30 to build and install cabinets..LOL

And only 338 hundred. :-)
--

-MIKE-

That actually sounds better.
Leon wrote: wrote

Problem is, with 3.75 thumbs between us we still can't shuffle good enough to beat the Canasta queens ... tennis, anyone?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

That's cuz we don't use our thumbs, we use our point'n finger and that 2 year old set of D cells.

5 decks? Ya need a shuffler.

5 decks? Ya need a shuffler.
Got one! It uses 2 D cells and pressure from your point'n finger to hold the switch down. :~)

I miss that more than anything. Angela and I used to play with my parents, at least once a week. We even had a proper Canasta Trophy. Neither parent has the patience or the facilities to follow the game anymore.
Robatoy wrote:

We play once a week (but two, of the four, participants would rather be in the shop) and, if we ever quit, I may even miss getting my butt kicked on a statistically significant basis ...once a week.
That said, it's the company that counts ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Leon wrote:

Got two! ... you forget we're covering two states now, for the Canasta Queen Belle Ball, lakeside.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

(Don't tell anybody, but with a small mod, you can insert the batteries backwards, with some interesting results.)
(Don't tell anybody, but with a small mod, you can insert the batteries backwards, with some interesting results.)
That might change the monotony of loosing to the queens most every week.
Leon,
I brought mine home a few weeks ago. My wife has been hearing me talk about it for years. When she was working with me at a woodshow last month she saw me demo it and also did a demo herself. She insisted I get one.
I hated getting rid of my old CDN made Unisaw, but this is one kick ass table saw aside from the safety features.
David.

You are my hero David! Which model did you get?