A quick Saw Stop comment

I'd be happy with one of those Mini Max SC3W. But space is an issue till next spring.

This one absolutely makes me HOT!

Leon

5 decks? Ya need a shuffler.

Got one! It uses 2 D cells and pressure from your point'n finger to hold the switch down. :~)

Reply to
Leon

25 grand more than the MiniMax.... That Laguna better be sawing a LOT of panels, 2 shifts daily 5 day a week...and feeding a crew of 30 to build and install cabinets..LOL
Reply to
Robatoy

I miss that more than anything. Angela and I used to play with my parents, at least once a week. We even had a proper Canasta Trophy. Neither parent has the patience or the facilities to follow the game anymore.

Reply to
Robatoy

Got two! ... you forget we're covering two states now, for the Canasta Queen Belle Ball, lakeside.

Reply to
Swingman

I should imagine. That's a lot of energy getting dumped in a short period of time.

Reply to
Robatoy

(Don't tell anybody, but with a small mod, you can insert the batteries backwards, with some interesting results.)

Reply to
Robatoy

We play once a week (but two, of the four, participants would rather be in the shop) and, if we ever quit, I may even miss getting my butt kicked on a statistically significant basis ...once a week.

That said, it's the company that counts ...

Reply to
Swingman

I should imagine. That's a lot of energy getting dumped in a short period of time.

Not to mention what happens in the pants of the guy who sticks his finger into the blade.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

As I said: "That's a lot of energy getting dumped.......LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Not nearly as big a disturbance, I'd guess, as the one made when said knotheaded kid runs his hand into a non-saw-stopped saw. My observation is that there is a *lot* of activity going on right after that action!

Tim Douglass

laptop knows me too well - it just announced "your battery is low!"

Reply to
Tim Douglass

Leon,

I brought mine home a few weeks ago. My wife has been hearing me talk about it for years. When she was working with me at a woodshow last month she saw me demo it and also did a demo herself. She insisted I get one.

I hated getting rid of my old CDN made Unisaw, but this is one kick ass table saw aside from the safety features.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

And only 338 hundred. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

It's the aural equivalent of a slap to the back of the head. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Actually, from the description of the injury (minor abrasion), the person who actuates the stop is going to be more jarred by the noise than the incident. Which is a good thing.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The problem would be when the kids know what is going to happen and do it intentionally, either just to cause trouble or on a dare. At least $100 every time to replace the unit and cheap blade.

The first thing I'd do is remove or paint over everything that said Sawstop on it and just not tell them.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Well if it is an "old school" school, the slap of the blade will be followed by a delayed whack of the pants backside by the shop made paddle.

Reply to
Leon

That actually sounds better.

Reply to
Leon

(Don't tell anybody, but with a small mod, you can insert the batteries backwards, with some interesting results.)

That might change the monotony of loosing to the queens most every week.

Reply to
Leon

You are my hero David! Which model did you get?

Reply to
Leon