A question regarding table saw safety

Page 2 of 2

: Blade guards are often poorly designed. The previous saw I : had the blade guard worked so poorly I had to take it off to get : anything done.
I suspect that this is because of a poor regulation (OSHA) that says that the guard must be self-adjusting. It must be very difficult to adjust one that works well for each and every one of a variety of timber sizes.
UK health & safety regulation is less restrictive.
More about guards on my web site. Please see 'Circular Sawbench Safety'.
Jeff G
-- Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK Email address is username@ISP username is amgron ISP is clara.co.uk Website www.username.clara.net