A question for you "Wood workers?

I have a shelf , its about 48" long & 8 to 10" wide, I want to it cut it so it fits in a corner. I have a circular saw, Question: Is there one cut I can make to fit it properly, if so at what angle? Or tell Me what have to Do? Thanks, Charlie De Paola
Bee-Happy, Chardy Brown
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:37:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles De Paola) wrote:

Make a full size cardboard mockup and use it as a pattern.
Barry
Thanks, Barry, Have a nice July 4th!!!! Charlie D
Bee-Happy, Chardy Brown
"Charles De Paola" wrote in message

Ideally, you could use one more tool that most "woodworkers" own: a relatively inexpensive "bevel square", or adjustable, "t-square", which can be used to precisely duplicate the corner's angle on your shelf.
Or, as Barry rightly suggests, trial and error with a cardboard pattern.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Right on. The corners I've fitted shelves into are very rarely square. As a matter of fact, the 48" length of wall may not even be flat.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:37:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles De Paola) wrote:

Are you just trying to fit it snugly into the corner as one piece, or are you making an L-shaped shelf to fit into that corner? If it's the first, you have to measure that yourself. If it's the latter, cut a 45 degree angle where you need it on the board (IE, if you want half of the shelf on each wall cut the 45 right in the center), and flip one of the pieces over. (using one of those cheap triangle-style framing squares with the lip on them as a guide for the circular saw will help you get the angle right) Glue them back together (and maybe use some of those miter bolts or biscuts, as it's gluing end grain to end grain) and you've got a corner shelf with one cut.
Not sure if that's what you needed, but I hope it helps!