A question for you "Wood workers?

I have a shelf , its about 48" long & 8 to 10" wide, I want to it cut it so it fits in a corner. I have a circular saw, Question: Is there one cut I can make to fit it properly, if so at what angle? Or tell Me what have to Do? Thanks, Charlie De Paola

Bee-Happy, Chardy Brown

Reply to
Charles De Paola

Make a full size cardboard mockup and use it as a pattern.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Ideally, you could use one more tool that most "woodworkers" own: a relatively inexpensive "bevel square", or adjustable, "t-square", which can be used to precisely duplicate the corner's angle on your shelf.

Or, as Barry rightly suggests, trial and error with a cardboard pattern.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, Barry, Have a nice July 4th!!!! Charlie D

Bee-Happy, Chardy Brown

Reply to
Charles De Paola

Thanks, Swingman!!!! Happy 4th! Charlie D

Bee-Happy, Chardy Brown

Reply to
Charles De Paola

Right on. The corners I've fitted shelves into are very rarely square. As a matter of fact, the 48" length of wall may not even be flat.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Are you just trying to fit it snugly into the corner as one piece, or are you making an L-shaped shelf to fit into that corner? If it's the first, you have to measure that yourself. If it's the latter, cut a

45 degree angle where you need it on the board (IE, if you want half of the shelf on each wall cut the 45 right in the center), and flip one of the pieces over. (using one of those cheap triangle-style framing squares with the lip on them as a guide for the circular saw will help you get the angle right) Glue them back together (and maybe use some of those miter bolts or biscuts, as it's gluing end grain to end grain) and you've got a corner shelf with one cut.

Not sure if that's what you needed, but I hope it helps!

Reply to
Prometheus