a question for all you kreg jig users

got one of these for christmas.... gloat gloat...... I have never used pocket holes before and would like to see how y'all set yours up. I'm thinking just screw it to a peice of plywood or corian or whatever i got hanging around in the mess i call a shop. I would realy like to set this up to get the maximum efficiency out of it. I'm planning on building some cabinets in the future so there will be plenty of face frames to practic on. I have always used biscuits or dowels in the past. anybody got sites or pics you would like to share? thanks....

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Wilson Lamb

A piece of plywood is just fine. But do yerself a favor and do like the instruction booklet says....make yourself an assembly table. It makes it SOOOO much easier to use that clamp !!!

Great tool...you're gonna love it!

Terry Sumner

Reply to
Terry Sumner

I had mine screwed down to a scrap piece of plywood for a while, but took it off to build my shed. For big pieces, it's easier to leave the board where it is and clamp the Kreg jig to it.

DJ Delorie

Yup.

There's a picture in the manual that will show you a nice setup, with the jig and wings screwed to a sheet of wood.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

thanks all for the info. i had not had a chance to look at the manual before posting the question, oops... yup there it is! skeez

Reply to
skeezics