A portable rack for air nailers.

Page 1 of 2
I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device.
I am very happy with the results.
Easy to build.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Gunrack.jpg
Add pictures here
✖
ever here the term, nice rack? ross
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 30, 9:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

I married one.
Add pictures here
✖
Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:13pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) did posteth verily: I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device. I am very happy with the results. Easy to build.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Gunrack.jpg
Got plans?
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 30, 10:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I TRIED to resist.
Yes I have plans.
Plans to turn up my electric blanket one notch. Plans for new tires for my S4 Plans for a new lamp for my TV Plans for a new roof. Plans to get my 20-year old girlfriend an new alibi. Plans to have her husband shipped off to the Arctic. Plans to win a million. A LOT of plans.
You?
Add pictures here
✖
Nice design. I might steal it. Are you open to a couple of suggestions? 1. Put a strip across the front to keep the tools from wandering out. 2. Put caps on the quick disconnects to keep the crud out. Art

Add pictures here
✖

Well, hell, yes. Always.

They don't, but it could help.

YES, good plan. That is problem. I guess some plugs might work.
Add pictures here
✖

Nice design. I like the handle up top in the middle. It makes the whole thing so portable.
What kind of wood? How did you join the dividers and ends to the back and bottom?
Add pictures here
✖

That's paintable maple plywood with edgebanding tape. The bottom of the sides are glued on with biscuits. All the rest, pre-drilled with a tapered bit and #8 x 2" low-root PB screws. The whole things sits on rubber feet and there's a regulator and splitter manifold on the back.
Add pictures here
✖

Very nice, but where is the space for new nailers? :)

✖
Much more important in my opinion, where is the drawer, latched box, or other means of carrying nail strips?
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Pan cake in one hand, gun rack in the other, a nail box on one shoulder and a hernia in the middle..LOL
Add pictures here
✖
Mon, Dec 31, 2007, 10:46am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth sayeth: They're in another box... a heavy box. With a shoulder strap. Pan cake in one hand, gun rack in the other, a nail box on one shoulder and a hernia in the middle..LOL
Gods above, you need to get one of those big red wagons to haul all that stufff. That or higher some local football teens to carry it for you.
http://p.vtourist.com/115822-Navy_Pier-Chicago.jpg
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 31, 9:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

This kit goes from 16 ga via 18 ga down to 23 ga and two sizes of staples in between. The round-headed stapler is manual..(for under- cabinet lighting wires etc.
If I need a framing/roofing nailer..I hire a guy with one. *S*
Add pictures here
✖

Hmm, I think this may solve a problem I didn't realize I had. Good solution. Thanks
Add pictures here
✖

My pleasure. As I use this in the field, I see more and more of them show up on other websites
Add pictures here
✖
Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:13pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth show us his new toy: I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device. I am very happy with the results. Easy to build.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Gunrack.jpg
Seriously, it is purty. Looks yellow. LOL But have you thought about putting whels on the front? Wouldn't add much weight, and then you could just tip it forward and pull it, especially when you're tired. Maybe add a handle, like those golf caddy thingies. And, it'll still be light enough to lift and carry if need be. Never carry anything you can put wheels on.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 1, 9:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

The guns would fall out. What if I put the wheels on the back?
Add pictures here
✖
"Robatoy" wrote:

Rob,
Ping me back off list, lost your legit e-mail
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Tue, Jan 1, 2008, 8:31pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth sayeth: The guns would fall out. What if I put the wheels on the back?
No, no, no. You're calling the front the back. Sigh. The things I have to put up with. OK, OK, if it'll make you happy - the wheels on the back. If you go across soft ground much, might want to think go-kart wheels & slicks, garden tractor or wheelbarrow wheels & tires. .