A plug for Lee Valley

Page 1 of 2
Some of you may remember that I once had a nipshon with the delivery of an order from LV. That soon settled done. Then I had a problem with the dial indicator I ordered from LV since there were no directions included or available.
During my trying to assemble the thing, I accidentally broke the ring thing designed to clamp around two parts to make them linear. The metal at the break appeared to be similar to pot metal.
I returned everything along with some comments on back of the original order sheet. I admitted I had broken the ring thing and for LV to deduct some $ for my error.
I received a letter today from LV today which contained this sentence:
"We have credited your Visa card in the amount of $34.00 for the returned items, and some of the initial shipping cost."
Nothing was said about the broken ring thing. I never mentioned anything about the initial shipping cost.
Robin Lee runs a class act.
It is only fair to all concerned, or unconcerned, that I share my pleasure with all of you in this situation.
Regards, Hoyt Weathers
I'll sing their praises when they credit my Visa for that soft burnisher that I sent back. Funny how credits never get processed as quickly as charges, huh?
dave
Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Hey Dave,
That's almost 100% due to YOUR card company, not the business. I've literally watched stores use the card machines to credit my card back right in front of me (they do it the same way they charge you), then when I called my card to see if the credit was there, they're the ones that say "it takes X number of business days to process". They like getting a free ride in interest on your tab.
Mike

That might be the case in this instance. What are you doing up so early? :) I got up because my blood sugar soared in the middle of the night and I'm waiting for it to come down before I jump back in bed. I'll call LV tomorrow to see if they got the burnisher back. take care.
oh, I've put WW on the back burner so that I can get some much needed back yard improvements completed. I moved 6,000 lbs of sand 2 weeks ago. The last couple of days I've been planting new bushes. Lots more to go...
dave
Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hey Dave,
My sleeping patterns are no longer decided by myself - my 7 month old son get's to dictate when I sleep now, and he happens to enjoy waking at 5 AM EST. It only took him 2 days after daylight savings time to figure it out and go back to the 5 AM deal. But, I go to bed at 10 or 10:30 PM as a result, so it all works out, I suppose.
You gotta stop eating those big bowls of ice cream before you go to sleep hehe
Yard work. Ugh. SWMBO is eyeing my truck (new purchase this past december) a lot lately, so I'm sure mulch/compost/fertilizer/etc. is in my future, too.
We had freezing temps again last night here in CT, though, so I might have a little more time before all that bunk get's started.
Mike (not a gardener)

As a part of three small ones - I've checked with other parents too and we all plan to boycott DST. [One parent said he'd be OK with *always* moving the clock back an hour... ]
You weren't far off the mark. I had 1/2 of a huge apple crisp ala mode at Cheesecake Factory last night. My bad!! My blood sugar was fine until bedtime so I took a bit more insulin. It wasn't enough!
I could sleep through most of my kid's nocturnal needs; my then-wife would tend to him while I remained zonked out. Now that I have one deaf ear, when I sleep on my good ear, NOTHING wakes me up. :)
We just planted tomatoes this weekend. It's in the 60's and 70's most days now. Just right for yard work. When it's in the 90's I'm not to keen on getting out there and busting my butt.
What truck did you get, Mike? I won't hold it against you if you didn't get an F-150... ;)
dave Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hey Dave,
No way did I get a (puke hehe) F-150. Just call me the mayor :-)
I went with a Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 SLT Quad Cab with the 6.5' bed. The incentives were too tough to pass up, and they made the RAM just a small amount more than the Dakota. This is my first truck and it kicks total butt. I've already made 2 or 3 hauls from the Borg and being able to put 5 sheets of MDF in the back instead of only 2 or 3 (due to weight capacity) on my Jeep's roof rack has totally justified the purchase. Plus, the QC is so comfortable it really is the best of both worlds (and my son's car seat fits easily in the back and gives him a nice view on the highway hehe).
Mike
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:23:27 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

I just wanted to point out that my Subaru Outback hauls plenty of MDF (I've had 10 sheets in it!), or 16' hardwood boards, on a $400 trailer, at 2 feet off the ground. Your old Jeep would probably tow it even better. <G>
The Subie can even carry 11.5' boards INSIDE, out of the rain, with the hatch shut, or 5 adults when not loaded, and gets 24+ MPG while doing it. It crash tests well, is cheap to insure, is very reliable, and handles like a good car should, in ANY weather.
My other car is a Jeep Wrangler Sport, which gets parked in snow storms. The Jeep does rock with the top off on Race Point Beach!
I don't miss my two trucks at all... Another thing, the property taxes on the trailer are $16 a year.
Barry

My Grand Cherokee can take 5 pieces of 11'5" 4/4 cherry and put all inside. It will not put a piece of 11'6" Cherry inside. DAMHIK :( this...... First windshield in a while, they're getting expensive!
Allen Catonsville. MD
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:51:00 -0400, Allen Epps

My Chrysler Sebring convertible can carry an 8' ficus tree standing up! On no-precipitation days, of course. Even on cold days, with the heater blasting it's bearable.
Cape Cod Bob Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Allen Epps

B a r r y

Cape Cod Bob

I once carried my Unisaw in the front seat of my Wrangler. Granted the top of the saw was off, the innards were back on the shop floor and the base wasn't on but it gave me a grin none the less.
UA100

Did you talk to it at red lights?
THAT would have turned some heads!
Barry
Would that work in the carpool lane? Might need a wig for her.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:51:00 -0400, Allen Epps

Tell me about it. I have a heated windshield, the car is 3 years old. During the last winter storm, I heard a loud POP, and I ended up with a long crack along the bottom of the windshield. I normally do not run glass claims through my insurance company, but this one is big bucks. 8^(
Barry
After moving that much sand my blood sugar would be LOW Dave. Where you being a bad boy and eating pizza again?

nope! that was LAST week! I was bad at Cheesecake Factory.
I turned my pump down and did pretty ok while moving the sand over a 4 1/2 hour period. I estimated it would take at least 6-7 hours. guess I'm a tougher old bird than I thought! :)
dave
FOW wrote:

SORRY TO GROUP
Dave - I tried to replay via email - and I am lazy - have not attempted in detail to fathom your true email addy....can yo email me at your leisure your contact? Sometimes it is my want to email rather than bore the group - I NEVER flame via email tho.....
Peace
Mike

Mike, I'll email tomorrow. my address here is totally bogus to avoid spam. I use email for business and friends. Flames are not part of my emails, as opposed to the nonsense on the newsgroups. One time I tried to explain to Joat IIRC, maybe it was someone else, that they wouldn't recognize me off the newsgroups. They don't believe me, but that doesn't matter. Their perceptions are all they have to hang on to. :)
dave
Mike Richardson wrote:

LV got the returned tool yesterday and the credit will be applied shortly...
dave