A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Page 1 of 2
http://static.flickr.com/120/309091618_088b1892c2.jpg?v=0
Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
J T (in snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3334.bay.webtv.net) said:
| http://static.flickr.com/120/309091618_088b1892c2.jpg?v=0 | | Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?
Not me (mine has a laser interferometer for precision point angle tuning)
;-)
J T wrote:

I usually chuck mine in the drill motor then walk over to the bench grinder for that 'variable angle cone' everyone was talking about last year.
I still think that $300 is a bit much for a pencil sharpener, so I've adapted mine to sharpen pens, too.
Bill

You think I'd settle for a RYOBI drill to sharpen my pencils?!? Andy

I use a 1.5 HP ($599) pencil sharpener myself. The disk on my 12/48 JET sander. Allows me a flat lead on a round pencil. SWMBO mentioned it seemed overkill the other day when she saw me use it.
Anybody else notice that cedar and even bass have gone to some sort of composite crap around the ersatz lead, or is it just me?
George wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Dixon Ticonderoga still uses real wood. https://secure.pencilnet.com/dixonusa/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.product&prdIndexV

That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pQ090&cat=1,42936
JC

How about this one for the shop computer. http://www.kleargear.com/1519.html
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

I could have used that "office missile launcher" shown at the top of the page. Wonder how much that is... Great first strike capability...
    mahalo,     patton
:> : That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.
: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pQ090&cat=1,42936
And you can mount it to this, keeping it handy at all times:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pS927&cat=1,43413,45992
    -- Andy Barss

You mean everybody doesn't do it that way??
DonkeyHody "The cheapest things in life are free."
J T wrote:

Well, it DOES look a little less awkward than the axe I use.
FoggyTown
WARNING! I'd steer clear of any drill operated sharpener that does not have a means of dust collection. These things can cover your shop with shavings in short order. I made my own complete with a 4" dust port, no more piles of pencil shavings all over MY shop. Although I do have to keep a firm grip of the pencil. ;) --dave

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

You make a good point, but don't stop there.
Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year. With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are available for #1 and #3 pencils.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

For those too cheap to buy the "Pencil Stop", I can provide an injury-proof non-toxic "SAFETY CRAYON."
$9.99, delivered!
Available in several designer colors, including:
Caution Yellow Attention! Red Calm Blue Relaxing Green Emotionless Black
Order today!
B A R R Y wrote:

What, they don't let you have pencils at work either?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Nothing with a sharp point!

How do you sharpen the crayon?

That's the beauty of crayons, they're self sharpening! No nasty dangerous cutting tools to injure yourself upon, if you need a finer line, you just rotate the crayon a little! Safe enough a kid could use it!
Puckdropper

Locutus wrote:

With the "Safety Crayon Sharpening Stone", of course!
It's only $59.99 + $5000 overnight s/h. Guaranteed flat to 1/2".
Here's a photo of the warehouse: <
http://www.materiaux-anciens-autempsjadis.com/images/dallage_pierre5.jpg
If you don't need it fast, we can ship it to your curbside for only $850.