A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Reply to
J T

|| Amazing. Which one of you guys is that?

Not me (mine has a laser interferometer for precision point angle tuning)

;-)

Morris Dovey

I usually chuck mine in the drill motor then walk over to the bench grinder for that 'variable angle cone' everyone was talking about last year.

I still think that $300 is a bit much for a pencil sharpener, so I've adapted mine to sharpen pens, too.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

You think I'd settle for a RYOBI drill to sharpen my pencils?!? Andy

Reply to
Andy

That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

Joe

You mean everybody doesn't do it that way??

DonkeyHody "The cheapest things in life are free."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

I use a 1.5 HP ($599) pencil sharpener myself. The disk on my 12/48 JET sander. Allows me a flat lead on a round pencil. SWMBO mentioned it seemed overkill the other day when she saw me use it.

Anybody else notice that cedar and even bass have gone to some sort of composite crap around the ersatz lead, or is it just me?

Reply to
George

I'm pretty sure that Dixon Ticonderoga still uses real wood.

RayV

Well, it DOES look a little less awkward than the axe I use.

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown

WARNING! I'd steer clear of any drill operated sharpener that does not have a means of dust collection. These things can cover your shop with shavings in short order. I made my own complete with a 4" dust port, no more piles of pencil shavings all over MY shop. Although I do have to keep a firm grip of the pencil. ;) --dave

Dave Jackson

You make a good point, but don't stop there.

Motorized pencil sharpeners injure tens of thousands of people every year. With my new PENCIL STOP, it will in milliseconds, stop the sharpener and dull the point. Only $199.00 for the #2 pencil, but adapters are available for #1 and #3 pencils.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How about this one for the shop computer.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

For those too cheap to buy the "Pencil Stop", I can provide an injury-proof non-toxic "SAFETY CRAYON."

$9.99, delivered!

Available in several designer colors, including:

Caution Yellow Attention! Red Calm Blue Relaxing Green Emotionless Black

Order today!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Joe wrote: :>

: That's just silly, you really need to do it this way.

:

you can mount it to this, keeping it handy at all times:

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

What are you going to use to test it? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

What, they don't let you have pencils at work either?

Reply to
Nova

How do you sharpen the crayon?

Reply to
Locutus

I could have used that "office missile launcher" shown at the top of the page. Wonder how much that is... Great first strike capability...

mahalo, patton

Reply to
jo4hn

"Locutus" wrote in news:12muh5j56ru2s70 @corp.supernews.com:

That's the beauty of crayons, they're self sharpening! No nasty dangerous cutting tools to injure yourself upon, if you need a finer line, you just rotate the crayon a little! Safe enough a kid could use it!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Ooo, now I am interested. Do you have any demo movies you could post with a hot dog test? Or mebbe it needs to be a cheerio rather than hot dog. (Umm Aussie for little hot dogs..)

Reply to
Mike Richardson