a painful investment toward comfort

Here in the midwest, yesterdary was a balmy 6F (maybe). I decided enough was enough, stopped by the local borg and bought 14 bags and a blower and insulated my garage/shop ceiling. I had drywalled (dryceilinged?) it last year, but never got around to putting the insulation in due to the large amount of schtuff in the attic, as well as the makeshift 'flooring' up there that the previous 'handyman' had installed. Well, after a day of climbing up and down a ladder, ripping out the flooring, loading bales of insulation into the hopper, climbing back up, standing and walking around in a space built for neither standing nor walking (my back still hurts), I have a garage that will maintain some semblance of warmth long after the heater shuts off. Oh, and I was finally able to talk myself into that fancy respirator that I'd never previously been able to convince myself to buy. I'd like to say more, but it's a balmy 55 in the shop and I'm going to go make some sawdust.

Be well, work wood,

Joe C.

Remove whats obvious to reply

Reply to