A newbies' first posting

Hello All,
I have been lurking around this group now for the past few months picking up loads of excellent tips and advice whilst making my transition into newbie woodworking.
I have just about completed my first project (bandsaw box for SWMBO) and I am really pleased with the results, I hope my wife will be too (it's a surprise present for our wedding anniversary). I will post some pictures later for anyone who may be interested. Basically it's a rounded rectangle box (almost an arc), made from zebrano, with a pull out draw which is of the same shape. I've just got to make a small handle for the drawer and four small feet (time to try out the new lathe) and then apply a finish.
Anyway to get to the point, the main reason for this message other than to say hello, is to say a big THANKYOU to you all for sharing your vast wealth of knowledge and experience as I'm sure I wouldn't have made it this far in woodworking without your help.
Thanks Again
Mark
MarkC wrote:

You're certainly welcome. Glad we could help. What color are you going to paint the zebrano?     twitch,     jo4hn

I'm sure it would look nice in a charteuse latex eggshell.. about three coats.
Howdy Mark! Pull up a chair. Did you bring any beer?

Hmmm. He's greatful to be here. We're glad he's here. He said that reading the wreck gave him excellent tips.
Gott'abea troll right?
Please post after the painting to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking so ALL of us can enjoy! Welcome!