A new Tower project completed!

Bedroom suite, hotel suite, dining room suite, OK. Follow suit, OK.

You did him a disservice. He would have cheaper lease payments than what the old boxes cost in electricity every month.

<g>
Must be nice to be rich enough for a new house and a month or two off.
-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill
On 12/13/2011 9:44 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Cheaper house payments....2 years to go and he owns it. Imagine, 24, has 50% equity after the first year.

Yeah,,, its paid for.

Good show. It took me a bit longer. My first house was paid off while I lived in it, but it took me a bit longer. Sold it (at 60% of what the idiot broker listed it, after the city screwed me twice) and bought this one outright. I only wish I'd bought more land so I'd have room for a large shop and storage area.

That's a great feeling, isn't it? Loans are a bitch.
-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill
On 12/14/2011 8:38 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

For the last 15 years we have had no mortgage and have been debt free except for the times that ZERO % financing is offered. We do use a credit card extensively but only the ones that pay us to use them and those are paid off monthly. Yeah, throwing money away in interest for immediate gratification seems to be a necessary evil for many. We have been fortunately enough to get out of that routine.

The various woods and finishes you use makes me think that those pieces would have also qualified you for that Festool contest you entered. Have you had any further response from them about it?
On 12/14/2011 9:13 AM, Dave wrote:

Dave I have receive no other response other that they did receive my entry.
I think Swingman is going to buy one when they come out. Do you remember saying that Swingman? ;~)

Well, considering the way you two swap tools, I guess it all comes down to whose turn it is to buy.
On 12/14/2011 6:03 PM, Dave wrote:

Thinking hard about it now that a good sized tenon can be made with the XL for entry doors, etc.
I do have a Multi-Router that will do everything the XL will do and more, but not nearly as handily ... much handier to be able to take the tool to the material, instead of the other way 'round.
We'll just have to see how it plays out pricewise ... I guessing at least $1300+?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I'm not even sure it's in the USA yet. I believe projected US price is about $1435.00. And yup, it should be ideal for door construction.

Same here. How do you like bank accounts which pay you a whopping 0.05% interest on your checking? I'm still thinking "WTF?" over why they would even do that.

Me, too. I have only one loan now (truck, 80% paid off) and no CC balances. When I took Business Law in HS, interest rates they're charging today were criminal, known as "usury."
I'm still researching this one to death:
1) Get a business expansion grant. --This is a no-brainer, no cost, could take a couple years to get. $50k to start.
or 2) Lease a much larger machine and have to rent shop space for it. --This is the highest cost but at a lower interest rate. It also presents the possibility of quicker ROI due to larger projects, but those would take more expertise in software and hardware manipulation prior to taking them on. Catch 22. $30-50k to start.
or 3) Buy the parts and software, then build my own smaller CNC router with borrowed CC money. I'd have to clear out my own shop for it. --It's the least monetary output but the highest interest. I could start slowly and then expand into a larger machine as the money came in. (I could turn the little guy into a laser or plasma cutter then.) $4-6k to start.
Decisions, decisions, though I'm leaning toward the latter. Almost all of the niches I'm considering breaking into could be done on a smaller and potentially less precise machine.
-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill
Larry Jaques wrote:

Perhaps so they can maintain that they pay interest on some of their checking account, maybe? Also, some people can't tell the difference between 5% and .05%.
I know that their "reserve rate" (the amount on deposit a bank can't lend) is higher on demand deposit (checking) accounts than for savings accounts. So, assuming that they wish to make loans, it makes sense that they would prefer the money in the savings accounts. That is also related to the requirement that they (have to) restrict the number of w/d's per month from savings accounts--else, in the eyes of the federal reserve, they would resemble demand deposit accounts.
Bill

That's probably the whole story right there. Most people think $39.99 is thirty nine bucks. I call it forty.

Truth! They're giving a generous 0.1% interest on checking now, and nearly half a percent on $10k+ CDs. Well, they were before the Eurocrisis...
-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

I always thought it was 39 bucks and 99 cents.
Max (take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves)
On 12/15/11 10:48 AM, Max wrote:

I figure closer to $45, accounting for taxes.....
--
Froz...

I usually order from Amazon. ;-)

If I saved all the pennies from those sale prices over the past 40 years, I could probably buy a new, um, CD or something.
-- Silence is more musical than any song. -- Christina Rossetti

I aim for accuracy; I don't aim to please. ;-)

Yes, Your Retentiveness. ;)
-- Silence is more musical than any song. -- Christina Rossetti
On 12/14/2011 5:10 PM, Larry Jaques wrote

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're forgetting #4 Get a home equity loan My HELOC costs me 2.24% No first mtg CC's paid off every month
In effect, I'm using the HELOC as my cushion.
--
Best regards
Han