A new Tower project completed!

Thank you Max!

Hey Larry "snort, snort" ;~)

Scroll down to "D"

Leon

On 12/13/2011 11:14 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:On 12/13/2011 11:14 AM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > Well Leon.... you probably just made life harder for a lot of nice > guys. How could they follow that up in their own homes? >

A heart felt Thank You, Robert!

In response to whom I might be sharing this with, Google+ is getting a lot of my attention these days. Swingman got me hooked, you should join in too. It is a totally different atmosphere and basically in it's beginning stages. You sir would be a great addition to that group.

Y'all need to just come down, period. There, it is settled. This needs to be a tradition thing and it would not have to be at Christmas if it was a conflict in scheduling. And we could com to see you if that would make things easier.

If Kathy wants one, I know where you can at least get the plans for free. ;~) AND BTY, I would love for you to catch up with Karl, he has seen it and "tush't it" LOL

Don't be a stranger.......

Leon

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:14:17 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Yes, but it could be an fantastic opportunity to obtain her permission to buy a whole pile of big iron to build those new additions to your home.

Reply to
Dave

As always, Leon, exquisite!

Reply to
Robatoy

Thank you Sir!

Hope your family is doing well. I know that the holiday season can be tough.

Reply to
Leon

Now look up the phrase in question, Max. "follow suite" Ain't no such aminal.

Some people's kids. I swear...

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bedroom suite, hotel suite, dining room suite, OK. Follow suit, OK.

You did him a disservice. He would have cheaper lease payments than what the old boxes cost in electricity every month.

Must be nice to be rich enough for a new house and a month or two off.

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

As in "suite" pronounced "sweet". Suit as in the the new suit you wear to weddings and funerals (is there a difference?).

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

"Suit" is also used in cards, which is where our phrase "to follow suit" came from.

Now all we have to do is convince people to drop the "e" in "suite" to get "suit" and then drop the extra "o" to get "loser".

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cheaper house payments....2 years to go and he owns it. Imagine, 24, has 50% equity after the first year.

Yeah,,, its paid for.

Reply to
Leon

Good show. It took me a bit longer. My first house was paid off while I lived in it, but it took me a bit longer. Sold it (at 60% of what the idiot broker listed it, after the city screwed me twice) and bought this one outright. I only wish I'd bought more land so I'd have room for a large shop and storage area.

That's a great feeling, isn't it? Loans are a bitch.

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

For the last 15 years we have had no mortgage and have been debt free except for the times that ZERO % financing is offered. We do use a credit card extensively but only the ones that pay us to use them and those are paid off monthly. Yeah, throwing money away in interest for immediate gratification seems to be a necessary evil for many. We have been fortunately enough to get out of that routine.

Reply to
Leon

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:47:27 -0600, Leon

The various woods and finishes you use makes me think that those pieces would have also qualified you for that Festool contest you entered. Have you had any further response from them about it?

Reply to
Dave

Dave I have receive no other response other that they did receive my entry.

I think Swingman is going to buy one when they come out. Do you remember saying that Swingman? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Hate when that happens. excusez-moi. discúlpeme.

Max (Oh, and thank you for bringing that to my attention)

Reply to
Max

Same here. How do you like bank accounts which pay you a whopping

0.05% interest on your checking? I'm still thinking "WTF?" over why they would even do that.

Me, too. I have only one loan now (truck, 80% paid off) and no CC balances. When I took Business Law in HS, interest rates they're charging today were criminal, known as "usury."

I'm still researching this one to death:

1) Get a business expansion grant.

--This is a no-brainer, no cost, could take a couple years to get. $50k to start.

or

2) Lease a much larger machine and have to rent shop space for it.

--This is the highest cost but at a lower interest rate. It also presents the possibility of quicker ROI due to larger projects, but those would take more expertise in software and hardware manipulation prior to taking them on. Catch 22. $30-50k to start.

or

3) Buy the parts and software, then build my own smaller CNC router with borrowed CC money. I'd have to clear out my own shop for it.

--It's the least monetary output but the highest interest. I could start slowly and then expand into a larger machine as the money came in. (I could turn the little guy into a laser or plasma cutter then.) $4-6k to start.

Decisions, decisions, though I'm leaning toward the latter. Almost all of the niches I'm considering breaking into could be done on a smaller and potentially less precise machine.

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Perhaps so they can maintain that they pay interest on some of their checking account, maybe? Also, some people can't tell the difference between 5% and .05%.

I know that their "reserve rate" (the amount on deposit a bank can't lend) is higher on demand deposit (checking) accounts than for savings accounts. So, assuming that they wish to make loans, it makes sense that they would prefer the money in the savings accounts. That is also related to the requirement that they (have to) restrict the number of w/d's per month from savings accounts--else, in the eyes of the federal reserve, they would resemble demand deposit accounts.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:53:13 -0600, Leon

Well, considering the way you two swap tools, I guess it all comes down to whose turn it is to buy.

Reply to
Dave

Thinking hard about it now that a good sized tenon can be made with the XL for entry doors, etc.

I do have a Multi-Router that will do everything the XL will do and more, but not nearly as handily ... much handier to be able to take the tool to the material, instead of the other way 'round.

We'll just have to see how it plays out pricewise ... I guessing at least $1300+?

Reply to
Swingman

On 12/14/2011 5:10 PM, Larry Jaques wrote

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to
Leon