A new shop dog

Page 2 of 3
On 12/3/2012 12:43 PM, Sonny wrote:

training, will soon learn some routine, including what a safe kennel/cage place is, similarly as learning that a mat/bed in a "favorite" spot is a limit to their wanderings.

it got cold and/or on other occassions. They quickly learned their places and limits, when inside. I've seen this with other dogss, as well, so I would expect Kaci to become just as obedient.... after all, she's in good hands.

friend's shelter dog, that also quickly learned her places and limits when inside:

And I agree, my dog has a few beds around the house. One in the shop area, and one in my bedroom, and another in the family room. That's where he goes when we are there or when he wants to rest.

Nice, but impractical in our winters... I'm shooting for at least R40 when I build hers.
But she does love gamboling in the snow.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

Shop dog, not bench dog. <g>
Although she'd fit on my bench...
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

It'll be worth every penny.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 07:07:50 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Know you're joking, but you'd need a metal crate for most dogs. They'd chew their way out of anything else.

A brother had a shepherd/coyote cross. Buck chewed and clawed his way through a plaster and lath wall. Both sides.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:10:21 -0600, Dave Balderstone

I guess "had" was the right word.
P.S: What'd the girl look like when the coyote woke up with his arm under her?
-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin
On 12/3/2012 8:49 AM, Dave wrote:

My dog had one and hated it. He broke a tooth opening it, not the door, he squeezed his way through the top and sides... he maneuvered it enough.
Anyway most dogs like the close off feel, its secure. The plastic kennels give them that. Mine preferred it. I eventually stopped crating him. He doesn't like, or need it. He's pretty good. Separation anxiety, but he is not spiteful.

A good dog house is on the list. She loves the outdoors. Looking forward to taking her ice fishing soon.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message wrote:

She definitely wasn't free. $238 adoption fee, $15 for a licence, $250 for a crate big enough for her, plus a Halty, bowls, rope tug, bag of food... BUT: Free vet checkup on Friday, and 6 weeks of pet health insurance for accident and illness. ====================================================================At those prices, it is obvious that they rather put them down rather than find new homes for them.
On 12/3/12 4:30 PM, CW wrote:

Bullshit.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote in message wrote:

Bullshit. =================================================No, not at all.
On 12/3/12 7:18 PM, CW wrote:

With all that evidence you presented, how can I argue.
Oh, that's right, I've fostered over 100 animals through shelters, dealing closely with them, learning the financial strains they are under and learning about the people they deal with trying to adopt animals who end up bringing them back, etc, etc, etc.
Now, what were you saying again? Oh that's right... nothing. Just blind speculation, otherwise know as... hmmm where have I heard this before? Oh that's tight, bullshit.
Thanks for playing.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote in message wrote:

With all that evidence you presented, how can I argue.
Oh, that's right, I've fostered over 100 animals through shelters, dealing closely with them, learning the financial strains they are under and learning about the people they deal with trying to adopt animals who end up bringing them back, etc, etc, etc. =========================================================================Sounds like a personal problem.
On 12/4/12 2:06 PM, CW wrote:

So, what you're saying is, you have nothing to back up your bullshit, ignorant spouting off. Yeah, I thought so.
--

-MIKE-

CW, it seems to me that your posts have seen a definite decline in civility and sense in recent times. Is there an underlying medical issue we should take into account when we read them?
I'm not being a smartass, I am quite serious.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message wrote:

CW, it seems to me that your posts have seen a definite decline in civility and sense in recent times. Is there an underlying medical issue we should take into account when we read them?
I'm not being a smartass, I am quite serious.
Yes, there actually is but no one should have to take that into consideration. You're right, I should stay off here for a while. On the upside, I have my knee replaced Christmas eve. I haven't been this excited about Christmas since I was a kid. Last step in a year and a half recovery. Dave, thanks for the concern and the reminder I'm being a pain in the ....

Best of luck, and do take the rehabilitation VERY seriously ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 12/5/2012 11:47 PM, CW wrote:

Hope you have a recovery as fast as my neighbors. She was home in 3 days and walking around.

I hope all goes well. Sounds like a great Christmas gift!