A new shop dog

Page 1 of 3
Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of Kaci.
She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializing and obedience training begins...
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/balderstone/8236646398/in/photostream
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- Great looking pooch. Congratulations.
Lew
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:45:49 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

the "top dog". If she ever gets the drop on you, you are in a heap of trouble. Pyrennes are GREAT dogs - but VERY strong characters. Nephew has one -took some real training but now she's great.

Ayup. She's definitely headstrong, but wants to please. Training will be good for both of us. Fortunately I know a terrific trainer, just waiting to find out if she can fit us in.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:39:54 PM UTC-6, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Nice looking puppy. Makes me want to search for another companion. Sonny

That's a fine lookin' pup ya got there!!
On 02 Dec 2012 01:17:33 GMT, "-Steve-" <rendar~at~cheerful~dot~com> wrote:

Does he always sit on the floor and pet you, Steve?
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 12/1/2012 8:28 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Try to keep up Larry, Dave has the pup not Steve. ;~)
Nice chair you got for her....:-)
BobS
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of Kaci.
She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializing and obedience training begins...
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/balderstone/8236646398/in/photostream
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance.
Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably

She can damn near step over it. SWMBO said "she's much bigger in our house than she was at the shelter!"
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.

Good luck with her.

Haven't weighed her yet. But she's 2 foot + at the shoulder.

No luck, I hope. Lots of work, instead.
She's got a great personality but really hasn't been taught what's expected of her. It's going to be fun. She took me for a 90 minute walk this evening and one of us was exhausted at the end of it. <g>
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.

+1!
--
Best regards
Han
Dave Balderstone wrote:

That's a great looking doggie so why was she at the pound so long??
PS: pay attention to her socializing and obedience lessons :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/2/2012 8:52 AM, dadiOH wrote:

She definitely wasn't free. $238 adoption fee, $15 for a licence, $250 for a crate big enough for her, plus a Halty, bowls, rope tug, bag of food... BUT: Free vet checkup on Friday, and 6 weeks of pet health insurance for accident and illness.

This whole time, I'm seeing the list of replies to this subject line and I'm thinking, "Let me see what all this talk is about some new workbench clamping devices." :-)
--

-MIKE-

I'm not even going to say what I thought the "Blue Wood" thread was about<g>
On 12/3/12 1:13 AM, ChairMan wrote:

+1
--

-MIKE-

Well, it's my understanding, that most good dogs, with a little patience and training, will soon learn some routine, including what a safe kennel/cage place is, similarly as learning that a mat/bed in a "favorite" spot is a limit to their wanderings.
I once had a golden retriever and black lab and would bring them inside when it got cold and/or on other occassions. They quickly learned their places and limits, when inside. I've seen this with other dogss, as well, so I would expect Kaci to become just as obedient.... after all, she's in good hands.
Speaking of building, but not a cage for indoors, I made this dog house for a friend's shelter dog, that also quickly learned her places and limits when inside: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/4035185439/in/photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/4035792174/in/photostream There's been a little chewing on the posts, but I don't mind going visit and repair these.
I'll vote: Kaci and Dave got/will have the best of the adoption deal, all round!
Sonny