A new shop dog

Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of Kaci.

She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializing and obedience training begins...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

----------------------------------------------------- Great looking pooch. Congratulations.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializi= ng and obedience training begins... -- I used to like fishing because I thought i= t had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it=B9s the one t= hing I can think of that probably doesn=B9t. =AD John Gierach

Nice looking puppy. Makes me want to search for another companion.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:011220121839542183%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

That's a fine lookin' pup ya got there!!

Reply to
-Steve-

Nice chair you got for her....:-)

BobS

Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of Kaci.

She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializing and obedience training begins...

Reply to
BobS

Nice... How big is she?

Good luck with her.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:011220121839542183%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

+1!
Reply to
Han

Does he always sit on the floor and pet you, Steve?

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The important thing is to impress on her FROM THE START that YOU are the "top dog". If she ever gets the drop on you, you are in a heap of trouble. Pyrennes are GREAT dogs - but VERY strong characters. Nephew has one -took some real training but now she's great.

Reply to
clare

Haven't weighed her yet. But she's 2 foot + at the shoulder.

No luck, I hope. Lots of work, instead.

She's got a great personality but really hasn't been taught what's expected of her. It's going to be fun. She took me for a 90 minute walk this evening and one of us was exhausted at the end of it.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Ayup. She's definitely headstrong, but wants to please. Training will be good for both of us. Fortunately I know a terrific trainer, just waiting to find out if she can fit us in.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

She can damn near step over it. SWMBO said "she's much bigger in our house than she was at the shelter!"

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

That's a great looking doggie so why was she at the pound so long??

PS: pay attention to her socializing and obedience lessons :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Try to keep up Larry, Dave has the pup not Steve. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Big dogs eat. If you can't afford food for the kid, or yourself, don't get a dog for free. It is like another kid. Medical and all.

Mart> Dave Balderst>> Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of >> Kaci. >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

She a big dog, and not well trained. No fault of hers. Only one accident indoors, my fault for not catching her cues. Both of us have lots to learn.

We're getting along well, 24 hours later, of which about 5 was spent on walks. Today I got a Halty, which will save these poor old arms from being ripped out of their sockets.

Big snowfall today, She loves rolling in the fresh powder.

Damn straight.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

She definitely wasn't free. $238 adoption fee, $15 for a licence, $250 for a crate big enough for her, plus a Halty, bowls, rope tug, bag of food... BUT: Free vet checkup on Friday, and 6 weeks of pet health insurance for accident and illness.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

This whole time, I'm seeing the list of replies to this subject line and I'm thinking, "Let me see what all this talk is about some new workbench clamping devices." :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Just brought her home from the SPCA. Great Pyrenees cross. Name of Kaci.

She'd been at the pound 131 days, and is about 13 months old. The socializing and obedience training begins...

Reply to
WW

I'm not even going to say what I thought the "Blue Wood" thread was about

Reply to
ChairMan