A new bed project completed

Thank you! But my dad was mostly only moral support! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

If I may hazard a guess, you would have used the Domino for most of the construction. If that guess is correct, I'd say that (in your case anyway) it has taken over much of the day to day builds that you do.

Reply to
Dave

Ok, that's it. You just went over the six month limit. You're gone buddy.

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
dadiOH

I used the domino on all the top oak stiles/slats on the head and foot boards, to attach the foot and head board panels to the outer legs, to assemble the walnut face frames on the bed platform/drawer unit and to rein=force the rabbit joints on all of the drawers. In all approximately 210 floating tenons, 420 mortises.

I cut stub tenon and slots for the false drawer fronts and the panels for the head and foot boards.

There is hardly a project that the Domino does not come out. ;~) I would replace it in a heart beat if something happened to it.

Yuh hear that Swingman? LOL

Reply to
Leon

Thank you! and thank you again for noticing the pulls and caps.

Reply to
Leon

No, No, No! They belong in the outer drawers. along with the manuals for the various tools.

Reply to
willshak

+1.

-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have little doubt that there's are more than a fair number of lessons built into that project. After I finish my lighting I'll start something easy, like a workbench. I'll let you know if I run into any difficulties sharpening my planes. I may have to turn one of them into a scrub plane. At The Woodworking Show(s) a fellow from Lee Valley kindly showed me a bit. It's likely I'll be able to come up with something to post.

I applied 3 buckets of "hot mud" today. I tried to stretch the second bucket a bit too far, and ended up scraping a bunch of it off the wall. So the little bit of wisdom I have for anyone who has read this far is "don't try to stretch it too much". Somebody can probably start their own thread with that...LOL.

Reply to
Bill

What's your def of "hot mud", sir?

Works about as well as those fabled "board stretchers" doesn't it?

P.S: I understand that Leon used -very- little mud in that project.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I caulked a bunch before painting it. ;!)

Reply to
Leon

Then, let me guess. For those instances where you still currently cut mortises and tenons for those larger timbers, you've been thinking about buying the Domino XL 700.

What's that, an invitation for Swingman to steal yours? Or, maybe it's a suggestion for Swingman to buy his own so he stops borrowing yours?

Reply to
Dave

It was fine before I found a small spot I needed to touch up, and the next thing I knew I was scraping it off (only about 1 ft^3). I think I've done a pretty fair job of taking a 40 year old garage wall and repairing all the holes and wear and tear. There was more time involved than I would have guessed. As long as I'm going to be painting, I decided I didn't want to have 2 brand new walls and 1 crappy looking one. And yes, I patched all of the holes in the ceiling too.

It will be nice to get my renovations over with, kinda like a bow-saur I think. BTW, what was so dang-difficult about a bow-saur? Also, what is the gizmo that attaches to the cord at the top to the middle of the saw? I've not seen it on every bow saw, but I've seen it on more than one.

Reply to
Bill

Oh, lord... Don't mention an unfinished Bowsaur to C-Less!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Square or cubic foot? =:0

I trust you matched the -texture- perfectly, too?

You forget, I never did make that bow saur. Just the prototype and a start on some of the mahogany frame.

Nuttin' at all. It never was a critical project.

A tensioner stick for winding the tensioning cord. They hold the blade on the saur.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I naturally would like to see/have the 700, but I am not sure it would be quite as practical as the 500. I could use the mortiser or use 3-4,

10mm tenons. I wonder when the 700 will be available, I need to build a large covered deck in my back yard.....

Neither! We are in the heated race to out do each other on Festool. Remember Reagan and Star Wars? LOL

I think he is one up on me concerning tools with tails.

Reply to
Leon

Hell, can't exceed you in craftsmanship, gotta have something on you! :)

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Doug Houseman

Thank you. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Humph! Look around your home.... all kinds of stuff I would love to call mine. FURNITURE!....

Reply to
Leon