A Neat Circular Saw Guide

I'm sure this is an old one, but it was new to me and comes courtesy of Tom Silva of ATOH fame.
Rip a piece of ply (1/4-1/2 thick), 4"W x Length desired.
Rip a piece of 1/4 ply, 12"W x Length desired.
Glue 4"W onto 12"W with about 5" on one side, 3" on other based on the width of the sole plate of your saw.
You want to have 1/4" material that will be cut by blade.
When glue is dry, place saw sole plate against 1/2 piece and rip the 1/4" material.
Turn ply end for end and rip again using the opposite edge of sole plate.
You now have an edge guide that measures directly onto the piece to be cut, that also eliminates any necessity of accounting for saw blade thickness.
As they used to say in my neighborhood, "Wear it in good health."
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Don't limit it to circular saws.
Make another for a fantastic router edge trimming & dado guide!
B A R R Y wrote:

I've also seen this one where the bottom plate is a bit wider, and one side is for the circ. saw, the other for the router.
Mike wrote:

And one where for circular saw and saber saw.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

<<Don't limit it to circular saws.
Make another for a fantastic router edge trimming & dado guide!>>
But when you make one for a router, you need to make a different one for each diameter bit.
Lee

[...]

Note, however, that it does *not* remove the necessity to account for the set of the teeth -- as I once discovered to my dismay.
--
Regards,