A Marriage of Convenience

Two kitchen cabinets of different backgrounds and styles, rejected from two previous construction projects for various reasons, and years apart in age, have now been joined and start a new life together ... let us pray:
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/AMarriageOfConvenience
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

I think a tv stand is like a fireplace--the major focal point of a room. So, I might think twice about using it as a tv stand without making it symmetric (are you willing to customize the left end too?). Surely it has other uses just as is.
Your work is excellent. You probably discard stuff nicer than what I use, so what do I know.. It is always a privilege to look at your projects!
Bill
Bill wrote:

I think it looks nice where it is. In my previous comment I was thinking of it in a living room. I see now that it's a custom fit.
Bill
On 7/24/2011 5:11 PM, Bill wrote:

LOL ... no offense at all, Bill. It is definitely an arranged marriage, but not necessarily "custom" for the spot.
Linda and I began discussing something for our lake house up in AR about three years ago. I told her about these two cabinets, in storage at the time, and that there was one particular spot where they would work in the lake house if maybe combined.
She was all for it, but it got put on the back burner (any of my stuff is the last to get done and has to be fit in between income generating projects, if you know what I mean).
Then a couple of years ago when I finally got around to actually performing matrimony, she saw it and wanted to "try" the results in the master bedroom (an inveterate pack rat, she always welcomes more horizontal space of any kind to put "stuff".
Bottom line is, once I got that 200+ pound sucker up the stairs here at home, she will play hell ever getting _me_ to bring it back down for a trip to AR ... where there is indeed a "custom" spot for it. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

She will love it! Nicely done.
On 7/24/2011 5:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

being joined together.
It looks like they will be an attrctive couple and function will together for years.
On 7/24/2011 5:00 PM, k-nuttle wrote:

ROTFL ... let no man put asunder.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Careful with that axe, Eugene!
-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen
On 7/24/2011 4:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

And for you Google+ invitees, the integration of that platform and Picasa Web really gives you an idea of the possibilities. Imagine combining the wRec and APBW into one.
On that note, anyone else wanting a Google+ invite to test the waters, shoot/leave me an email addy.
Come on in, the waters fine ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Hoodjaknockup?
Oh, cabinets. Nice save.
-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

Shotgun wedding??
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:36:41 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Nah, it appears to be a wedding of convenience. I'd say nailgun at best. <G>

Nails? I'd say it was screwed.

Beautiful!! Congratulations to all 4 of you!
--
Best regards
Han