A 'Man's' Hand Power Planer

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-ZH320E.html
Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop for less than that.

Hell, at 12-5/8" they should market it with an adapter so one could turn it upside down and stick in a vise for use as a regular stationary planer.
On Aug 26, 8:18?am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

And have enough left over to buy timber that was allready planed.
FoggyTown
31 pounds. Moving blades. Hand held. Sounds a bit scary!
--
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.

Bah. It's a lightweight compared to the new Veritas #8-1/2.
-Leuf
J T wrote:

I particularly liked this:
Note: Also available with a 230v motor. Please call to order!
That IS a mans' planer.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote:

As Tim Allen would say, "More power!" ... :)
For timber framers, these are common. Weight (up to the point of being just too heavy to pick up easily) is an advantage, not a disadvantage as it sets on the timber and the weight/mass adds inertia to minimize the kickback problem someone else already mentioned.
In UK, even your toaster is 220V; it's only we on this side of the pond who think that's unusual for portable/handtools...

dpb wrote:

I was trying to think, and I don't even have ONE 220 volt hand power tool. I wonder if they come in three phase?
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote:

:)

Does it come with a arm replacement plan. If that puppy grabs & kicks, you just might lose that arm. TOOOO scary for me. For that kind of money & risk, hire some fool to do face dressing of the timber.
Paul

goaway wrote:

There have been a couple of times when I would gladly have rented one of these. Try running a 24'x6"x12" through a stationary planer and you will see what I mean.
I love tools like that. I still wish that I had my Makita 16" circular saw. I sold it about 3 years ago and have regretted it ever since.
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/makita/5402NA/?ref se

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
goaway wrote:

And let them lose the arm, huh? :)
For timber framers, they're an everyday tool. The mass is actually _a_good_thing_ (TM) as it minimizes the problem of kickback. Only real problem using one like any other tool is to not take too large a cut and pay attention. Keeping knives sharp is the other critical item, too, of course...
for a little less money, and with self feed too: <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item30156306677