A machine question -- on topic!

Page 2 of 3
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:24:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's easy - the Ryobi detail sander. Otherwise known as a hand buzzer.

On 3/27/10 5:09 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

votes for these useless tools.
--
Froz...

I have one of those......somewhere.
Max
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:09:50 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard

Isn't one of those doodads one of the least used attachments to the HF Multifunction tool, guys? Leetle triangulah sandah?
-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

'Tis. I believe I still have some of the original sandpaper triangles that came with my Fein. Blades, OTOH ...

Not a tool, but a "Craftsman" miter saw stand, from Highland Woodworking or somesuch, $149.99 on closeout for 39.99, and Leon literally twisted my arm and made me buy it! (I think he was interested but needed to see what it looked like before he spent his money!)
Anyhow, the rubber feet wouldn't fit the tubular legs, the wheels are in an awkward place, and the whole thing is basically an accident looking for a place to happen ... it's been stored in a corner with never a saw mounted on it yet.
<Leon took one look at it, up went his nose, and immediately wanted to know why I would ever, fergawrdssakes, buy such a thing?!>
It's for sale ... if anyone is interested! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Hey watt can'I sayyy. It dent look like the pisher. ;~)

I have this one and it's awesome. http://xrl.us/mitersawstand
--

-MIKE-

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:48:09 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

I have one from HF that is similar. It has more pull out supports. I wouldn't give up this table.
Paul T.
On 3/28/2010 12:48 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

One of my trim carpenters has the Ridgid. He added a couple of reinforcing welds before he got it to his perfect satisfaction, but loves it.
I messed with it a bit on the last job and have to admit that it's the best one I've operated in use thus far. Very easy to fold up and transport.
Mine is shop made and a PITA to move, but works well when stationary, which is what it is designed for, although it works well onsite on a couple of sawhorses. Takes up too much room in the shop though.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I have a Dewalt stand for my (HF) SCMS[*] It's rather nice and a couple of extra flanges makes it simple matter to change tools. I also have the Delta stand that I use for my DW735 planer.
[*] It's on the replacement short list
On 3/28/10 8:28 AM, Swingman wrote:

Yeah, soon after pinching my hand *once,* I fell in love with it. The best part is the shock that takes all the weight of the saw falling down when it folds up. I added a couple casters to the top/handle end, so it would roll, flat, into my minivan.
--

-MIKE-

Dang that Leon guy eh? Do the smart thing. Wrap it up and give it to him for a birthday or Christmas present.
:)
On 3/28/2010 5:36 AM, Upscale wrote:

Have tried similar ploys with Leon ... he just gives it right back to you on your next birthday/Christmas.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

With *that* sales pitch??? Nah, I think I'll pass.
BTW, chuck my vote in on the triangular head detail sander/hand buzzer...
jc

I've Ridgid's/Rigid's MSUV (Mitre Saw Utility Vehicle, or something like that) and I can't say enough good things about it. Sturdy, breaks down/moves easily, never had a prob with it. If I hadn't built a rolling cart for my yellow planer, I'd buy one for it as well.

My worst tool buy was a Skill 1/4 sheet orbital sander. The spring loaded clamps which were used to mount the sandpaper were better suited to break finger nails, and vibrate the nrves in your arm. Finally just tossed it.
Note to Swingman; The ill fitting rubber crutch tips which don't quite fit the legs of those saw stands can be gotten on if you boil the tips. That softens them enough to squeeze them on. Joe G

My worst tool buy was a Skill 1/4 sheet orbital sander. The spring loaded clamps which were used to mount the sandpaper were better suited to break finger nails, and vibrate the nrves in your arm. Finally just tossed it.
Note to Swingman; The ill fitting rubber crutch tips which don't quite fit the legs of those saw stands can be gotten on if you boil the tips. That softens them enough to squeeze them on.
Naw those things were pretty HD, IIRC about 1/4" thick there was not going to be any rolling. ;~) He did get to use them as guards. He put one on the end of his BS fence front guide. Another made a handy glue brush water container.
On 3/27/2010 7:00 PM, GROVER wrote:

Not in this case ... you'd have better luck getting a hammer handle up a gnats ass.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08